RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
To be perfectly transparent, LRNA left me a v-mail 45minutes, ago for me to call them back . I just got off the phone with them, they are taking it back from me, they are deducting $6700 from what I paid for it for the “ excessive mileage “ which I’m OK with .

Now I have to ask the dealer to take out personal items or drive down there and get the rest of my belongings out of it, which I think I’ll do because I have to meet with a large client down there anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great. Sounds like a win.

·
Registered
177 Posts
To be perfectly transparent, LRNA left me a v-mail 45minutes, ago for me to call them back . I just got off the phone with them, they are taking it back from me, they are deducting $6700 from what I paid for it for the “ excessive mileage “ which I’m OK with .

Now I have to ask the dealer to take out personal items or drive down there and get the rest of my belongings out of it, which I think I’ll do because I have to meet with a large client down there anyhow.

Glad to hear they're remedying the situation. I've had good experience escalating things to LRNA and being taken care of.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,154 Posts
Glad to hear it's taken care of and very nice Bentley! My understanding is if you have a lemon law case and threaten it, that manufacturers will choose to buy back the vehicles instead of going through the lemon law process as it's less painful for them that way.

I bet they will put an engine eventually in the vehicle, it'll go to auction and be for sale at one of those luxury used car places that specialize in manufacturer buybacks. For fun you should keep track of the VIN and down the road google it and see what happened.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another update , I called Zurich extended warranty, I got a full refund of the extended “new car “ warranty 5yr/100k , $6495 refunded back to me

1/2 refund for the prepaid maintenance service $2160 refunded back to me

80% refund from tire & wheel coverage $1780 refunded back to me

The person that I got transferred to , I told her that Land Rover was buying it back from me. To which she said and I quote “ I do 4-6 client refunds a week on land rovers nationwide because Land Rover had to take back a vehicle “ , she said because of 3 different contracts I would receive 3 different refund checks . ( no big deal) . Simple , process good customer service .

That is not good , esp for a low volume vehicle manufacturer . LR/Jag isn’t pushing out Lexus , BMW , Benz volume numbers .

I have to say , Miller motor cars has called me twice asking if I have any questions about the Bentley, the 3rd phone call was from the service manager stating he sent me an email with his contact information , and to call , text or email with any questions ( he even attached his v-card ) , service requests or problems and they’d send a truck to pick up AND bring me a loaner car while it’s being service from my home , office or wherever I choose.

Now this morning I’m working from home office & wife texted me her SVR told her it needed service , and her TPMS light is on ( to be honest her Rover has been sitting in the our garage for 2.5 weeks on a battery tender & might just be temp change air pressure adjustment needed) . oye vey!

Meanwhile .... the 812 got started up for the first time since it got put away before thanksgiving, with zero issues to report other than deflating tires from me over inflating them for winter storage . Started right up last night too her for a quick drive , this weekend I’ll make a point to burn up the tank of fuel in it and fill with fresh fuel .

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
180 Posts
Glad that LRNA stepped up and did the right thing....eventually. I have a 2019 RRS ATB as well and your post gives me pause. The engines are supposed the things you don't really have to worry about on these vehicles as long as you maintain them properly - it's everything else that can and does go wrong. :) Congrats on the Bentley, that's an amazing car. Enjoy it!

Reactions: SVRtraveler

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Glad that LRNA stepped up and did the right thing....eventually. I have a 2019 RRS ATB as well and your post gives me pause. The engines are supposed the things you don't really have to worry about on these vehicles as long as you maintain them properly - it's everything else that can and does go wrong. :) Congrats on the Bentley, that's an amazing car. Enjoy it!
Agreed , I do know the engine block is from a Mustang , but the rest is all Jag/LR engineering . That might also be why they are going back to oil consuming BMW V8s because they aren’t good at the high output larger engines for reliability & durability. I personally think they could have gone to a better solution .

The Bentley is well a Bentley , the first and finish is light years ahead of LR/Jag , I know they are putting the conti dash in the Bentayga in 2021 but what I have works fine , and isn’t sluggish like the jag/LR system . My biggest issue with tit right now is keeping it under triple digits .

Reactions: dwboston

·
Registered
745 Posts
C'mon. You can't name drop the 812 and not post pics.

-ThinkMac-

Another update , I called Zurich extended warranty, I got a full refund of the extended “new car “ warranty 5yr/100k , $6495 refunded back to me

1/2 refund for the prepaid maintenance service $2160 refunded back to me

80% refund from tire & wheel coverage $1780 refunded back to me

The person that I got transferred to , I told her that Land Rover was buying it back from me. To which she said and I quote “ I do 4-6 client refunds a week on land rovers nationwide because Land Rover had to take back a vehicle “ , she said because of 3 different contracts I would receive 3 different refund checks . ( no big deal) . Simple , process good customer service .

That is not good , esp for a low volume vehicle manufacturer . LR/Jag isn’t pushing out Lexus , BMW , Benz volume numbers .

I have to say , Miller motor cars has called me twice asking if I have any questions about the Bentley, the 3rd phone call was from the service manager stating he sent me an email with his contact information , and to call , text or email with any questions ( he even attached his v-card ) , service requests or problems and they’d send a truck to pick up AND bring me a loaner car while it’s being service from my home , office or wherever I choose.

Now this morning I’m working from home office & wife texted me her SVR told her it needed service , and her TPMS light is on ( to be honest her Rover has been sitting in the our garage for 2.5 weeks on a battery tender & might just be temp change air pressure adjustment needed) . oye vey!

Meanwhile .... the 812 got started up for the first time since it got put away before thanksgiving, with zero issues to report other than deflating tires from me over inflating them for winter storage . Started right up last night too her for a quick drive , this weekend I’ll make a point to burn up the tank of fuel in it and fill with fresh fuel .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm coming to the thread a bit late. I've no experience with BMW autos but have had five of their motorcycles; 2 boxer-engined R bikes and 3 water cooled 4 cyclinder K bikes. The R bikes tend to consume oil until broken in or around 20K miles. All R bikes prior to 2006 had/have timing chain issues that require relatively inexpensive aftermarket parts. The water cooled K bikes don't use oil but also suffer from timing chain issues which can result in the same result as the OP.

I don't have your LR history and as I lurk on this and other LR forums I wonder WTF I'm driving one but admit to loving my seemingly outdated '13 RRS. So be it. Regarding your 812.....are you looking to adopt a son? I'm 63, obnoxious, tend to drink too much whiskey at times, but am otherwise a good boy. Like another poster here said "need pics of the 812...." pics of wife and her LR would be a plus. :p

Seriously, best wishes with the beautiful Bentley and most of all drive safe!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey sorry folks , had to travel to a client meeting and then go clean out the Rover of my personal belongings, sign it over to LRNA, and got a check for it.

Here is the best , when he came out of winter 2020 hibernation

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm coming to the thread a bit late. I've no experience with BMW autos but have had five of their motorcycles; 2 boxer-engined R bikes and 3 water cooled 4 cyclinder K bikes. The R bikes tend to consume oil until broken in or around 20K miles. All R bikes prior to 2006 had/have timing chain issues that require relatively inexpensive aftermarket parts. The water cooled K bikes don't use oil but also suffer from timing chain issues which can result in the same result as the OP.

I don't have your LR history and as I lurk on this and other LR forums I wonder WTF I'm driving one but admit to loving my seemingly outdated '13 RRS. So be it. Regarding your 812.....are you looking to adopt a son? I'm 63, obnoxious, tend to drink too much whiskey at times, but am otherwise a good boy. Like another poster here said "need pics of the 812...." pics of wife and her LR would be a plus. :p

Seriously, best wishes with the beautiful Bentley and most of all drive safe!
I agree with you they are high maintenance finicky machines, BUT they are a pleasure to drive in any weather. I've had 2-x5s and I'll never own another BMW again with all the electrical problems I had, and having to keep 4 quarts of oil in it at all times got old fast. I got rid of it at the end of the 100K BMW extended warranty and the other 1/2 traded it on a Lexus RX450 , I couldn't sign the title fast enough and saying to myself " good luck suckers " lol

Now " geeves" as the other 1/2 calls the Bentley , is remarkably quite at 80+++++mph,there is nearly zero road or wind noise . If I've left it in the driveway to run back in the house to grab something, get back out you can't hear it idling. If I keep him at 70-75 I do see the very small LED " eco" light come on which is cyl deactivation , from NH to NJ I pulled 27.8 MPG and I kept the adaptive cruise between 72 & 75 . I don't even think a Evoge can get that good of MPGs? Apple carplay works without pausing, switching between MMI screens Zero lag or delay going into menus , and when you get on it , it pulls like a 737 taking off and before you know it you are approaching jail-time speeds. I punched it almost to the floor at 65 to get ahead of a 18-wheeler to get back onto the highway ... the butt hunkered down, front came up and it was lift off time. I still say the Naim 2000 watt sound system is hands down the best I've heard in a automobile.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Waiting for a used Bentayga Speed to in a year or two. Or maybe the v8 if there's a good deal to be had. The 812 is beautiful.

Enjoy all your cars.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Waiting for a used Bentayga Speed to in a year or two. Or maybe the v8 if there's a good deal to be had. The 812 is beautiful.

Enjoy all your cars.

-ThinkMac-
I was told yes the speed is faster top speed , same 0-60 as any other w12 BUT they removed a lot of the insulation out of the entire vehicle , so you won’t have near zero road or wind noise cancellation . Which I’m really really really enjoying , it’s very relaxing not to hear the outside world

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh and in forgot to mention , the other 1/2s 2018 SVR , has a recall for timing chain , timing chain guides , timing chain tensioners , timing chain cover , and front & rear brake pad recalls , sway bar bushings recall , along with what it was brought there for an oil change , alignment , winter tire to summer tire swap ( yes it’s late to do but she only does 50-100 a week at times ) , and software update . They are saying it’s going to be 8-14 days to get it back if the parts come in on next Tuesday .

·
Registered
745 Posts
Next I hear, you'll end up with a Cullinan as a replacement for the 2018. :)

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Next I hear, you'll end up with a Cullinan as a replacement for the 2018. :)

-ThinkMac-
No way , I saw it in person it’s look like a Bentayga had a drunkin 1 night stand with a London black cab , and 9 months later a Cullinan was born .

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
135 Posts
Oh and in forgot to mention , the other 1/2s 2018 SVR , has a recall for timing chain , timing chain guides , timing chain tensioners , timing chain cover , and front & rear brake pad recalls , sway bar bushings recall , along with what it was brought there for an oil change , alignment , winter tire to summer tire swap ( yes it’s late to do but she only does 50-100 a week at times ) , and software update . They are saying it’s going to be 8-14 days to get it back if the parts come in on next Tuesday .

Any info on how this happened?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Any info on how this happened?

My assumption is , is that my name is now flagged in their system and when the SVR was dropped off , and checked for recalls red flags went up and they flagged it to throw every part possible at it so they don’t have to buy another LR back from me . I did ask LRNA , if this same problem was to be expected with the other 1/2’s SVR , I vaguely remember the LR customer service person saying she found it in her system & would run the VIN number on it and take “ appropriate actions “ if it needed anything.

I don’t know again that’s my only assumptions .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there...

Sounds very familiar about LRNA, let give you some tips and my short story, I leased a 2018 RRS Autobio, it had nearly every option available and just leased it for 2.5 years. Long story short my RRS has been in the shop 11 times within less 10,000miles, for everything from black screens, non working sensors, HUD, A/C not working, music playing backwards, I've seen Black, blue and green screens on both center screens. On one of the visits I saw 7 pages of error codes in the report. The dealer has spent about $25K trying to repair and fix it and total they have now had it a total of 3 months from the time I leased it to fix it.

The dealer has 100% supported me on this but LRNA turned their back and did nothing for me, they won't do anything for me and could not care less to take it back. My RRS is a Lemon, dealer agrees and spends annually $10+million on buying RRS cars and again they turned there back in the dealer and me. I heard about a similar case, RRS owner ended up hiring a lawyer and its been in the court system for over 1+ year, LRNA have been playing every delay tactic like they will with you. They won't talk with me and IMO you will be in the same boat. 2 years ago lots of things changed at LRNA which includes buybacks, they stopped it. All I asked for was very simple, give me a car that is functional and what I am paying for, even if it means swapping the RRS out for something else. LRNA answer were not interested. While the dealer has agreed to pay of the lease and buy the car I just feel LRNA could not care less. All they have done for me is given me the run around. Yes I could get another RRS (its an option) but I ask why I support Land Rover when they won't support me. I love the RRS, I hate that I am in this situation, but they have really left me no choice. Let the dealer buy the RRS and take the hit.

My advice is speak to the service director and tell him they are costing you money, either get an engine or keep it, and it sounds like you will need to push hard since you don't have the relationship with current dealer it might be hard but I would push them. My dealer has given me a full size loaner and now a new Discovery landmark and I will keep it until we come to a resolution on this issue. Its a longer story but the above is a good summary. Short answer is LRNA don't care about you, me or anyone in this forum, they will give you the runaround and hope you just go away. If it wasn't for the dealer I would be screwed, no complaints about them...

"just read your last few posts and glad you got it worked out"

·
Registered
273 Posts
@SVRtraveler

I'm sorry to hear all the BS you are dealing with. I know first hand because 10 weeks after I brought home my new to me RR Sport my V8 Supercharged went tits up the same way but spun a rod as well and ruined the engine. It was in the shop 31 days with 27 of them being arguing with the loser warranty company, 1 day to remove the spun engine, 1 day to install the new one from JLR and another 2 days QA/QC checking all systems for for leaks, software communicating correctly, etc... They did give me a courtesy vehicle... a Discovery for the interim... $40,000 later with an $8,000 credit for letting JLR keep the old engine and the warranty company was $32K deep. My new JLR engine came from a warehouse in Knoxville and was to North Atlanta in 2 days.

The Shop Foreman and Master Mechanic said that in all their combined 33+ years working for LR that they have only seen (3) 5.0L V8's come back for full replacement. Both of them told me exactly what was wrong with it just by listening to it idle. Then, once the engine pulled it was verified exactly what they said would be wrong with it, timing chain, valve to cylinder slap, spun bearing, and ruined and gouged crank shaft. They said it was undoubtedly due to the Previous Owner going way too long between oil changes and letting the oil sump level staying low for way too long as well. They timing chain actuators/pistons are extremely "Oil Pressure Sensitive" in order to press against the chain guides and to keep the timing correct. Dirty oil doesn't flow well especially upon engine start up and a low oil sump never allowed the actuators/pistons to operate like they needed to for who knows how long before I bought it.

With the new "AJ-V8" engine and the nightmare getting it replaced... I now change my own oil every 5,000 miles just as the Shop Foreman and Master Mechanic recommended instead of the 12,000 interval LR recommends which is ridiculous! 8 quarts of Castrol Professional and an OEM filter for $150 total and so little of my time is really piece of mind. LR should re-evaluate their recommended maintenance schedule serioulsy. I changed the oil just 1,000 miles after the new engine break-in and parts synch-up... and it was the damned dirtiest oil I'd ever seen or changed in my life the last 20 years I've been changing our own oil anyways. I can't imagine buying a vehicle brand new and driving it on that oil from mile 1 to mile 12,000 before it's changed. But that is what LR is telling everyone day one and it isn't right.

I'm glad LR took care of you for sure and you have a Beautiful and Lovely new car! Enjoy it because it sure sounds like you deserve it brother! As to regards to your wife's SVR... Change that oil yourself or have it done locally every 5-6K miles in the future like Land Rover North Atlanta's "Shop Foreman" and "Master Mechanic" recommended. They both have vehicles with the same 5.0Liter Supercharged V8 engines in them and I honestly forgot the amount of miles they've gotten out of the 5.0Liter engines from back in February... but it was a hell of a lot.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts