RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we have bought an Velar - RS Dynamic P250 SE, and our surprise was that after we get home I notice that the front right parking sensor is showing all the time like if there is something very near the bumper in that area… the problem is that is not true nothing there, I try cleaning the sensors and all that, but nothing help, so I think that maybe the problem can be a sensor fault or maybe the cables that connect the sensors, so I return to the dealer for warranty and they answer me that this is a problem with the RsDynamic 2019 and that Land Rover know it and are working in this but don't have a solution until now and the only option they give me is turn of all the sensors from the front, until when Land Rover have a solution… This is very disappointed with that because I pay for the driver package that use those sensor for various of its functions and now they tell me to disconnect and lost those features for what I pay? and more disappointed that they never tell us that there was a problem and that Land Rover know it in first place... they continue to sell this cars with this problem, without inform the client about it?? I cant believe that I am the only one that found this problem and that is know by Land Rover??. I cant believe that a company like Land Rover ship vehicles like this with this defects, and I have not ear that any other have the same issue, with the 2019 dynamic bumper.
What you think about this ? have some other have this problem?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
I think you need to give them a chance to develop the fix. Would you rather they have held you car at port until a fix is developed? Personally I would rather have the car to enjoy. Such a minor glitch does not change the comfort, fun or safety of the Velar. LR is usually pretty fast on small stuff like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ask them via phone before take the car to dealer and they told me that it was a reprograming for solve that, so I get the car for that, they made this reprograming take the car all the day and when I pick it up they just tell me sorry that was not the problem the problem is that Land Rover don't know how to solve it. but what I hate most is that the 2018 with the same bumper and sensors don't have that problem. and that if they know there was a problem with this model year they most advice us first because I bought in Friday and get to the dealer in Tuesday so the know this before I buy and they sell this car with a known issue (is not a special order is one car that was in dealer for a few weeks) and this is not the first 2019 velar they sold this month and if all this cars has the same problem how they tell me then they must at minimum advice the client about it, or don't sale a car like if all work when they know this is not true, they don't offer any discount because it was a 2019 so I pay more for a 2019 model that has a fault in some of the features that you extra pay for and that same features was in the 2018 model without fault and in that model I will get better price??? About the confort believe me is not the same when you put reverse and have to ear the full continue beep sound like if you are near to hit something when this is not true, and when you are driving slowly and the car just make the loud beep sound like if you are just about to hit something when is not the case and the scarred this situation can be to my wife (I bought the car for a gift to her)… so you have a car with a system in wish you cant rely. Mabe they will solve this in the future but in the mean time?? Why I have to pay they errors??

t

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
You are making alot of assumptions above. First off 2018 most likely did not have the same software as a 2019. You can not compare a 2018 based on same bumpers and sensors. Perhaps the sensors are from a different supplier, firmware or software can be different. Perhaps communications are different due another option you have installed.

Not all 2019 Velars have your issue nor is it a safety issue or a recall would be issued. Blanket statements and thinking LR purposely knew about this issue with your particular example is just frustration and not based in fact. How is LR suppose know about an issue on your rig if it had not been reported yet? Perhaps your description of the issue lead them to believe it was a known issue that there is a fix for. If more folks experience your issue then maybe it will give them a broader base to find the common thread causing the issue.

It makes no difference if they have sold other Velars this month. Some rigs have issues some do not. There are many owners that never have a problem with their rigs and some folks that have several issues. Is it frustrating when you have an issue and others do not? Of course it is. It is physically impossible for LR to pop out an update or fix overnight. Try to understand that something obscure may take time to figure out. Maybe do some footwork and check other Velar forum and see if you can find anyone else with a 19 in your situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts