RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 ATB with 700 miles on it. For last 2-3 weeks , I have squeaky sound coming from the driver side rear seats. I was able to diagnose this issue because when I fold the rear seat down , there is no squeaky noise. If I drive the car with rear seat up , it starts to squeak.
Anyone has this issue and possible solution ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Yes - I’ve got this squeak, along with several other rattles my 2016 didn’t have. Interestingly one of the worst rattles actually turned out to be the license plate.

I still haven’t pinned down what the rear seats noise is though.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
are you sure it the seats, under that area is the rear ACE system which is hydraulic. I had an annoying audible whine noise as the ACE pump recharged the system at every stop. Took it to the dealer about a week after I got my MY19 Supercharged, 400 miles on it, Oct 2. Long story short, 7 weeks later(and 7 weeks in the shop), they just about replaced the entire ACE system, and the noise persists. They and JLR technical manager don't know why or how to fix it, said face to face in a meeting. I haven't seen the car since Oct 2, and due to the new wonderful Ap, i can see that the car has not moved nor has it been started since Nov 9th. The car is virtually new and my fix was easy, replace it, but being Canada and JLR's slowing sales, they are dragging
their feet. They are actually trying to back track now and say that "it may" be normal although they confess this does not exist on the MY18s. This is after the dealership at JLR's direction to do this and that and spend what I estimate to be plus 10,000$. I think they would have tried the "this is normal sound" excuse before all the expense. Anyways, enter my lawyer 10 days ago and by end of the week, I will be formally be filing suit. \

By the way, what they did narrow down is the anomaly requires the ambient temp to be above 6 degrees celsius in order for the properties of the fluid to be such to produce the whine. You will hear it at idle speed at a stop. So if your test driving a RR, you want to make sure its above 6 (roughly 42f). And the engine temp has to be good and warm, not gauge warm, like driving after 15 mins.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
If it is actually the left rear seat. lube the folding pivots and anchoring point. they are the only things that change when you fold the seat down. do not use WD-40 it is not a lubricant, use some lithium spray lubricant. If that doesn't solve the issue, turn it over to service under warranty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lithium spray lubricant did the trick...I sprayed the lube on the anchor where the seat attach / detach and so far no squeak etc . I even applied the lube on my garage doors....and they are now whisper quiet....lol
If it is actually the left rear seat. lube the folding pivots and anchoring point. they are the only things that change when you fold the seat down. do not use WD-40 it is not a lubricant, use some lithium spray lubricant. If that doesn't solve the issue, turn it over to service under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts