Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 LWB

I am amending a dealer order with my specs and am having some difficulty understanding some options.
I had requested to add Driver Assist Pack (017TE) & Active Cruise Control Stop & Go (065AM). My dealer is saying this is not possible.

They are telling me to add Drive Pro Pack (017TB), Park Pro Pack (017UB) & Surround Camera (086GC) to get all the same options including the stop and go.
With everything else the same, this route is dropping my build down almost $2k.

Am I missing something? Seems like either route gets you exactly the same items, but a $2k difference.

Also, I am seeing on the build sheet that fog lights are included in the Vision Assist pack, but see an additional Fog Light option for $175. Any difference?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
2 Posts
Steering Assist is the difference. This centers the vehicle in the lane (level 3 autonomy). Lane Keep Assist (in Drive Pro Pack) is different and not as advanced as Steering Assist. With Level 3 Autonomy, you still have to keep your hands on the wheel, or you will get warnings and the system will eventually disconnect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Can the Adaptive Cruise control with Stop & Go be added with the Drive Assist Pack which already contains the Adaptive Cruise control with Steering Assist?

This is what my sales guy is saying:
"When you add stop and go, the system deletes the previous package... I tried both ways, it's either or not, not both...
Something about the stop and go system packaging don't let us do both...."

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
2 Posts
I was told it's one or the other, not both. I was also told that they are very similar. The stop and go will stop for a couple of seconds and continue on if the vehicle in front moves. If the vehicle in front stops for more than a few seconds, you have to press the accelerator to continue. Without stop and go, you have to press the accelerator once the vehicle stops. This is what I was told, and can not confirm. My guess is with Stop / Go and Steering Assist, one could strap a water bottle to the side of a steering wheel and make the vehicle more automated than intended, so disabling Stop / Go on Steering Assist kind of makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks.

Can the Adaptive Cruise control with Stop & Go be added with the Drive Assist Pack which already contains the Adaptive Cruise control with Steering Assist?

This is what my sales guy is saying:
"When you add stop and go, the system deletes the previous package... I tried both ways, it's either or not, not both...
Something about the stop and go system packaging don't let us do both...."
This is a guess, but I don't beleive there are two different adaptive cruise controls, there is only the one with stop and go.

Edit --- Now I am not so sure, there is nothing in the adaptive cruise control with steering assist language that says it will go again after a complete stop, it does say it will come to a complete stop. The ordering guide does state you can't have both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So which would be considered superior, the cruise control with Stop & Go or the cruise control with Steering Assist?
Still trying to decide between getting Drivers Assist or Drive Pro/Park Pro/Surround Cameras, but the cruise control is the only difference between the 2 options.

Today is my last day to amend, and want to make sure I get the better option so I am not missing out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, anybody know if the Front Fog Lights are included in the Vision Assist package for the LWB 5.0 Supercharged?
When building on the website, even with the Vision Assist package added it wants you to add the Fog Light additionally for $175.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So which would be considered superior, the cruise control with Stop & Go or the cruise control with Steering Assist?
Still trying to decide between getting Drivers Assist or Drive Pro/Park Pro/Surround Cameras, but the cruise control is the only difference between the 2 options.

Today is my last day to amend, and want to make sure I get the better option so I am not missing out.
If efudd is right on that it's the old stop and go technology, where it will only stay active for a couple seconds at a complete stop, then my opinion would be to get the steering assist version. You are most likely going to be hitting the accelerator either way.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
37 Posts
I think you need to be sure you want the "assist" function at all. I ordered the 2019 with the "warning" functions, but not the "assist". I also ordered the Cruise Control Stop and Go separately. I personally do not like the "assist" option. I have lane assist on other cars I own and turned it off as it is very annoying.... a nanny I don't need. I don't like to pay for things I will never use. Now, if I could have just ordered the RR SC without a sunroof, that would have been perfect...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can tel, you with certainty that the steering assist on 2019’s is a very useful feature and nothing like the lane keeping assist feature. The steering assist keeps you centered in the lane and is perfect for long drives or boring commutes.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
37 Posts
I guess I'm old school. If I can't stay in the middle of the lane on my own, I should probably not be driving. Not to say it would be useful to some though.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I guess I'm old school. If I can't stay in the middle of the lane on my own, I should probably not be driving. Not to say it would be useful to some though.
+1.
I'm all for comfort and convenience but not for the wrong reasons.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can tel, you with certainty that the steering assist on 2019’s is a very useful feature and nothing like the lane keeping assist feature. The steering assist keeps you centered in the lane and is perfect for long drives or boring commutes.
But very surprising when you forget you have it and at 120Kph start leaving your lane for an exit and your Range Rover grabs your wheel and for a second you're wrestling the steering back from a 2.5ton Range Rover at the start of a curve with a crash barrier coming up really fast. First time I honestly thought for a moment that I'd blown a front tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts