RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally arrived home to pick up my new 2019 RR SC with SVO Ethereal paint. Ordered at the end of May and it arrived mid August to the dealer. Options included:

- Supercharged
- SVO Ethereal paint
- Expresso/Almond interior
- 4 zone climate control
- Meridian Surround sound
- 21" Style 7001 wheels
- 21" full size spare
- Shadow Exterior Pack
- Vision Assist Package
- ACC + Stop/Go
- Surround Camera System
- 20 way heated and cooled front seats with power recline heated and cooled rear seats

The Ethereal color is really interesting and changes apparent color depending on lighting conditions. I am really happy with the Shadow package accents. This is my first RR and have a few observations so far:

1) 21" wheels have a fair amount of road noise vs. what I am used to. Not bad at all, just not "pillow" smooth on rough highways
2) SC engine is incredible. Very happy I chose the SC V8 over the V6. Drove to the track today and got 22mpg
3) Software takes some getting used to. Had issues with the reverse camera not coming on. I remembered someone else posting that you need to wait for the software to load when starting before shifting into reverse. I'm used to turning the key to start and immediately shifting into reverse. When you wait about 10 seconds for the software to load, all is well. That will take some getting used to.
4) Still learning all the settings/options. Very different setup vs. other cars I have owned (Porsche, Audi, etc.). However, the display and vehicle options are logical and I really like how they set things up.
5) The seats are super comfortable and very adjustable
6) The cooling function of the seats is VERY effective
7) The duel screens show dark areas when wearing polarized sunglasses, very typical for all types of glass. That is disappointing and I wish there was some way they could use glass that works with polarized sunglasses. As with other cars I have with the Heads Up display, it is pretty worthless when wearing polarized sunglasses. I'm thinking the only solution for both would be to get new sunglasses that are not polarized.

Still early but very happy so far with the car. I'll upload some pictures shortly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally arrived home to pick up my new 2019 RR SC with SVO Ethereal paint. Ordered at the end of May and it arrived mid August to the dealer. Options included:

- Supercharged
- SVO Ethereal paint
- Expresso/Almond interior
- 4 zone climate control
- Meridian Surround sound
- 21" Style 7001 wheels
- 21" full size spare
- Shadow Exterior Pack
- Vision Assist Package
- ACC + Stop/Go
- Surround Camera System
- 20 way heated and cooled front seats with power recline heated and cooled rear seats

The Ethereal color is really interesting and changes apparent color depending on lighting conditions. I am really happy with the Shadow package accents. This is my first RR and have a few observations so far:

1) 21" wheels have a fair amount of road noise vs. what I am used to. Not bad at all, just not "pillow" smooth on rough highways
2) SC engine is incredible. Very happy I chose the SC V8 over the V6. Drove to the track today and got 22mpg
3) Software takes some getting used to. Had issues with the reverse camera not coming on. I remembered someone else posting that you need to wait for the software to load when starting before shifting into reverse. I'm used to turning the key to start and immediately shifting into reverse. When you wait about 10 seconds for the software to load, all is well. That will take some getting used to.
4) Still learning all the settings/options. Very different setup vs. other cars I have owned (Porsche, Audi, etc.). However, the display and vehicle options are logical and I really like how they set things up.
5) The seats are super comfortable and very adjustable
6) The cooling function of the seats is VERY effective
7) The duel screens show dark areas when wearing polarized sunglasses, very typical for all types of glass. That is disappointing and I wish there was some way they could use glass that works with polarized sunglasses. As with other cars I have with the Heads Up display, it is pretty worthless when wearing polarized sunglasses. I'm thinking the only solution for both would be to get new sunglasses that are not polarized.

Still early but very happy so far with the car. I'll upload some pictures shortly.
Here are some pictures. The Ethereal paint is very hard to photograph but hope they show ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your initial impressions + pics. Bravo on determining the potential cause for the reverse camera not working. I have read this issue many times, but your explanation that you need to wait for the system to fully activate makes sense. I generally think its gentle on your engine to let it idle and warm up a little before moving, allowing oil to circulate and warm up.

I need to research, but in my memory the backs of the front seats with almond and ivory interiors sometimes have the seat back pocket in almond or ivory, while the middle of the seat back is the contrasting espresso or ebony. I like the look of your espresso extending to the seat bottom. Does anyone know why the seat pockets are sometimes the lighter color vs. the darker contrast color? Is it an '18 vs '19 change?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good catch! Just looked online at 2019 models and the seat backs are now darker color for the lower pocket. I have an MY19 with Ebony/ivory — have an espresso/almond combo now, that I like, but want something different.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It almost looks more white than silver. Maybe just the lighting.
The paint is silver with lots of metallic. The color changes big time depending on lighting conditions...grey to silver to whitish to blueish, etc. The shadow accent provides the “anchor” reference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably one of those difficult to photograph colors I imagine. Shadow accent looks good. Atlas trim probably wouldn't look bad either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't have a RR, but my X5 is a little slow to start up if I approach the car while it is locked (presumably "computer" is deep asleep), unlock by touching door handle and immediately start. Basically, the "computer" doesn't boot up until you unlock the car. It seems to be near instantaneous if I unlock the car from a distance (how old school right?) as I approach. Everything is up and running by the time I start the car and place into reverse.

Same thing may work with RR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve owned many Audi’s and Porsche’s before the Range Rover. I’m finding the strategy and execution philosophies are very different as it relates to software. I spent 2 h yesterday going through all the settings to what I prefer. Almost called the dealer a number of times to report a “fault” only to discover it was user error. Actually I am liking the different software and option design approach. Kind of clunky in some ways but also very functional. Just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts