RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here, and have a not-completely-silly question (I hope). My car sticker said “full size spare”, but what I actually got was a 21” wheel (black steel), but much thinner, with a temporary tire. The question is, can I replace that unit with a full sized 21” wheel and tire, as shown here? I assume it’s more a question of the depth of the wheel well. I know I could take a wheel off and test it, but I’m old and try to avoid those types of effort if people can just tell me the answer.

Thank you for any help.

View attachment 280607

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
I’m new here, and have a not-completely-silly question (I hope). My car sticker said “full size spare”, but what I actually got was a 21” wheel (black steel), but much thinner, with a temporary tire. The question is, can I replace that unit with a full sized 21” wheel and tire, as shown here? I assume it’s more a question of the depth of the wheel well. I know I could take a wheel off and test it, but I’m old and try to avoid those types of effort if people can just tell me the answer.

Thank you for any help.

View attachment 280607
Usually they put in a P195/70/20 tire in there.Which fits the 20" thru 22" wheels ( its 8" wide)
your 275/40/21 or 275/45/21 is 11" wide so this is a no go here. The battery is underneath that tire also

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
First question is why the sticker says one thing but you received something else?

Does it say full size spare in the standard section (if so that's why you have that type) or was it the $600 or so option? If the extra option, that should be an identical rim and tire to what's on the vehicle.

I assume the standard wheel and rim fit in that area, since usually when you take out the spare you can put the damaged tire into the same space.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
I have the full size spare option (it said 21" full size spare wheel on my build, and cost $430) on my 2019.5 RRS ATB, and I have the identical rim and tire for the spare as the rims and tires on the vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually they put in a P195/70/20 tire in there.Which fits the 20" thru 22" wheels ( its 8" wide)
your 275/40/21 or 275/45/21 is 11" wide so this is a no go here. The battery is underneath that tire also
Thanks, Maverick62. I guess then that there is no way to make it fit without ridiculous modification or living with a hump in my floor like I was carrying a cinder block under it. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First question is why the sticker says one thing but you received something else?

Does it say full size spare in the standard section (if so that's why you have that type) or was it the $600 or so option? If the extra option, that should be an identical rim and tire to what's on the vehicle.

I assume the standard wheel and rim fit in that area, since usually when you take out the spare you can put the damaged tire into the same space.
I’ll dig up my window sticker again and check. Do you think, if you pay for the spare tire extra cost option, that the factory installs a deeper spare tire well? Nothing would surprise me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
I’ll dig up my window sticker again and check. Do you think, if you pay for the spare tire extra cost option, that the factory installs a deeper spare tire well? Nothing would surprise me. Thanks.
If you opted for full size spare it should be an identical rim and tire as those mounted on vehicle. if you have received anything else i would complain and have them order you the correct item

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I doubt the wheel well is different, as far as I know the only vehicles that can't support a full size spare are the ones with the 3rd row optioned out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts