RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 Range Rover v8 with only 4k miles and the engine light appeared on Saturday then disappeared today. Anything I should be concerned about? What could it have possibly been?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have a 2019 Range Rover v8 with only 4k miles and the engine light appeared on Saturday then disappeared today. Anything I should be concerned about? What could it have possibly been?
Invest in a cheap little handheld generic obd2 scanner that you can plug into any vehicle’s obd2 port to read the actual fault code being thrown (remember the light is just a catch-all for many possible faults). The check engine light almost always pertains to emissions/O2 sensor/fuel related problems. Many times it’s as simple as the gas cap not being tight after you just filled up but it could take a little time for light to go off. However, keep an eye on whether the light comes back on and when it happens (ie, after filling up, etc).

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Check the fuel tank cap if it's properly put back in its place. If that's not it, download the Land Rover Remote app to your phone. It gives you a hint of what the problem might be. But unless the first thing solves it, with a check engine light, you must go to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Fuel tank cap warning would pop up, not CEL. Which reminds me.. I've gotta get a new fuel tank cap for my 405. The strap is broken.

There may still be a stored/pending code. I agree, go to an auto parts store and purchase an OBD II diagnostic tool, should be $30~. But then again you're in NY and taxes are insane..

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
This EXACT thing happened to me 30 days ago, light came on for a Saturday afternoon and went off when I started it on Sunday. I took it into the dealership and one of the oxygen sensors was throwing off codes so they replaced under warranty. All is fine now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a 2019 Range Rover v8 with only 4k miles and the engine light appeared on Saturday then disappeared today. Anything I should be concerned about? What could it have possibly been? Want to know more about issue of Engine light, visit Atoguysland to get more info.
Loosing gas cap is one of the common cause because it can reduce fuel pressure and allow fuel vapors to escape, reducing fuel economy and increasing harmful emissions. Spark Plug, failing catalytic converter, faulty oxygen sensor or faulty mass air flow sensor may cause this issue. Then, you should have obd2 scanner to diagnose what may be wrong for your car and will fix as soon as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts