RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an annoying audible whine noise as the ACE pump recharged the system at every stop. Took it to the dealer about a week after I got my MY19 Supercharged, 400 miles on it, Oct 2. Long story short, 7 weeks later(and 7 weeks in the shop), they just about replaced the entire ACE system, and the noise persists. They and JLR technical manager don't know why or how to fix it, said face to face in a meeting. I haven't seen the car since Oct 2, and due to the new wonderful Ap, i can see that the car has not moved nor has it been started since Nov 9th. The car is virtually new and my fix was easy, replace it, but being Canada and JLR's slowing sales, they are dragging
their feet. They are actually trying to back track now and say that "it may" be normal although they confess this does not exist on the MY18s. This is after the dealership at JLR's direction to do this and that and spend what I estimate to be plus 10,000$. I think they would have tried the "this is normal sound" excuse before all the expense. Anyways, enter my lawyer 10 days ago and by end of the week, I will be formally be filing suit.

By the way, what they did narrow down is the anomaly requires the ambient temp to be above 6 degrees celsius in order for the properties of the fluid to be such to produce the whine. You will hear it at idle speed at a stop. So if your test driving a RR, you want to make sure its above 6 (roughly 42f). And the engine temp has to be good and warm, not gauge warm, like driving after 15 mins. Dealership also found another unit with the same issue that they pulled from their inventory. So when you read the brochure where they boast about the new thicker glass being 20% thicker to insure quieter cabin, they are not including the defect noise resonating within.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
What is ACE?

·
Registered
43 Posts
ACE, Active Cornering Enhancement
its the system to help body lean around corners or stiffen the suspension so when you launch from a stop, the centrifugal force of the engine doesn't cause a rolling motion. Hence at every stop, the system needs to recharge and stiffen the rear end.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Ah, I’ve had that system make noise in all my rovers when going up or down a driveway at an angle for example. But never sitting at a light.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happens on a flat surface, perfectly level, idle speed. If you read the brochure about the thicker glass and quieter interior, does not include the sound of a trapped squirrel from within.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And customer service at JLR Na is a joke. Like playing cat and mouse. You can never reach them and they like to reply by email. No respect for customer loyalty.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Me and them are on the same page then.
Trying to find anyone these days to reply via email is getting harder and harder.
Dont have to stop what you're doing, reply when it's convenient, no need to take care of stuff during business hours, and best of all......Everything is in writing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me and them are on the same page then.
Trying to find anyone these days to reply via email is getting harder and harder.
Dont have to stop what you're doing, reply when it's convenient, no need to take care of stuff during business hours, and best of all......Everything is in writing.
they call a weird times almost as if they are really hoping to get your voicemail...and they do. Literally call them back a second later and you get their voicemail. You think they call you back, nope....they email you a few days later. USELESS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its now week 9 that the vehicle has been at the dealer while they figure it out..... getting really good gas mileage though, RR is still on the same tank of gas from delivery!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
You said in your first post.....
" Anyways, enter my lawyer 10 days ago and by end of the week, I will be formally be filing suit."
That, by my calculations, would have been the end of last week.

"Bumping" this thread, as you tried to do earlier today, is a no no. Posting random drivel about gas mileage equates to the same thing. By all means, if there is an update, post it up. Otherwise let your lawyer "file suit" and be done with it.
Any more random drivel or bumping, and the thing gets locked.

Martin

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
I am very interested in gstone1's ongoing issues and customer service experience with JLR NA. I appreciate when member's on the forum share their experiences and I understand that some of the experiences are frustrating. I would hope that we would encourage feedback on this site and not discourage it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
update: upon receipt of the our intensions, It was relayed "no further contact would be made to me from the assigned customer service rep, not that they ever returned a phone call as previously mentioned, they have moved the file to "consumer affairs" and discussion would be through my lawyer. We gave them 10 days to respond. No response, zero. My lawyer contacted the customer rep to get a name from consumer affairs. All they could do is relay the message. Few days later while preparing our next legal step, the customer service rep emails my lawyer something to the effect of "waiting for a part from the uk, will advise". We try to find out what part, what are they doing, etc... zero. JLR does not like answering and specially does not like live voice conversations whereby they would require to answer a question within the conversation. It has come very apparent, that when they see their extension ringing, they let it go to voicemail and respond by email in an untimely manner.

For all intensive purposes, even though I have took possession for a handful of days, its like my RR is coming in months late, the deposit I gave was the full amount (approx 153k) and the warranty period is already burning. This vehicle should never have been sold.

Martin/LeftLaneTrucking, if your reading this, I apologise for the bump. As for this, this is not dribel, I don't have buyer's remorse, nor am I looking to hop to another mfg, I just want them to do what is right. Unfortunately Canada's laws do not include lemon laws. We have this voluntary Mfg member non binding arbitration board that is pretty much not all that effective, sounds good on paper, bad on practice. I have owned and driven RR's for 30 years, but I am not sure what is going on with JLR but there seems to be a negative evolution of the corp culture. Perhaps there sales figures have something to do with it.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I am very interested in gstone1's ongoing issues and customer service experience with JLR NA. I appreciate when member's on the forum share their experiences and I understand that some of the experiences are frustrating. I would hope that we would encourage feedback on this site and not discourage it.
Not that you saw it in time before me deleting it, but I did mention the bump.....
What "feedback" was forthcoming when the post said, and I quote, "Bump"? None.
Was it not me that said "By all means, if there is an update, post it up"? Yes it was.
So all in all, I guess I am lost as to what your point was.....

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Martin/LeftLaneTrucking, if your reading this, I apologise for the bump. As for this, this is not dribel, I don't have buyer's remorse, nor am I looking to hop to another mfg, I just want them to do what is right. Unfortunately Canada's laws do not include lemon laws. We have this voluntary Mfg member non binding arbitration board that is pretty much not all that effective, sounds good on paper, bad on practice. I have owned and driven RR's for 30 years, but I am not sure what is going on with JLR but there seems to be a negative evolution of the corp culture. Perhaps there sales figures have something to do with it.
See, an actual reply!
Bumping it was bad form, comes of as you just wanting attention.
Every manufacturer has the negative evolution of the corporate culture these days it seems. I do know it takes time to reach decisions that involve big money.
We had the same problem when a dealer replaced a cylinder liner in No 2,along with all main and rod bearings...., and then it spun No 4 main when they were backing it out of their shop. Took forever for them to finally own it, instead of attempting to blame everyone but themselves. Now we are literally waiting on a new 3/4 engine from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
See, an actual reply!
Bumping it was bad form, comes of as you just wanting attention.
Every manufacturer has the negative evolution of the corporate culture these days it seems. I do know it takes time to reach decisions that involve big money.
We had the same problem when a dealer replaced a cylinder liner in No 2,along with all main and rod bearings...., and then it spun No 4 main when they were backing it out of their shop. Took forever for them to finally own it, instead of attempting to blame everyone but themselves. Now we are literally waiting on a new 3/4 engine from the manufacturer.
Yes, I did miss the "Bump" message. I appreciate you both for sharing your experiences on the forum. Your shared experiences, however frustrating, are helpful information. Good luck to both of you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New update relayed to my lawyer from JLR customer service. Lawyer called wanting to speak to their council, left a voice mail(typical), day later, email arrives from JLR (typical) "waiting for a parts to fix the complaint". Emails, back "specifically what parts?", answer "parts from the UK being delivered to the dealership". Do they not understand english in Mahwah? They certainly must in the UK.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
They're lawyers, so they'll be super anal specific when it suits them, and as vague as humanly possible at other times.
I dare say your own lawyer has played that game? rofl
Crappy deal when Canada doesn't have lemon laws and LR don't want to just swap it out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was in the neighborhood so decided to have an impromptu chat with the dealer. Apparently the noise/defect is a known issue even though JLR made me feel like I was being over sensitive and I was the first to complain, NOT THE CASE. Heck, the dealership had 5 defective RR's themselves. They know about a bad run of blocks, whatever that is exactly. A new modified block and hose were installed and then noticed a 7 "journeys" on my app after seeing the car sit for a month straight at the dealer while I was pressing on legally. Seeing the flurry of sudden activity is what inspired my visit. This being said, still haven't got the word its fixed.

So,

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Martin/LeftLaneTrucking, if your reading this, I apologise for the bump.
Stone, read the forum guidelines. Bumps are immediately removed. Good grief guy, you only waited 29 hours to bump your thread. there is nothing so important you can not wait 48 hours to provide more info for a proper response.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stone, read the forum guidelines. Bumps are immediately removed. Good grief guy, you only waited 29 hours to bump your thread. there is nothing so important you can not wait 48 hours to provide more info for a proper response.

Its no excuse but I am guilty of the truth, I didn't read the rules prior to engaging on the forum. I was hoping to hear some other fellow complaints however the issue apparently only presents itself in low temperatures, below 6 degrees celcius (round 42f). So anyone with a 2019 in the south and you take it up north or up a mountain, you may encouter the defect. Anyways, Lesson learned and like I said, I apologise/d.

Last Update on the defect. JLR apparently knew about the complaint and about a 'bad run' of hydraulic blocks used in the ACE system. I don't necessarily trust that its a bad run of blocks persay, but a defective design block for the 2019's. Per a tech at the dealer, the block in the 2019 have a different part number than the 2018's, who knows could be the same, could be different. Anyways, new block is in and a newly designed modified hose of some sort that connect to it. Not sure how many or where that hose is located. Lastly, my car has been with the dealer for almost 3 months and JLR hasnt had the decency to put on their thinking cap for 5 minutes and discuss the compensation. I made it pretty easy for them as I paid all cash, 3 months/0 down lease payment using their lease calculator and extend the warranty as the car should not have been sold when it was and started the warranty clock. JLR says they will only 'start' to think about it once I return the loaner and take my RR back, we are at a stalemate seeing who blinks first. Terrible PR and customer service, the topic of my new forth coming thread i trust....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts