RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this with any forum members that purchased a 2019. Received ours a couple months ago and have had continuous intermittent issues with the center console. Sometimes the screen(s) black out. The reverse camera doesn't work. The screens will start to flicker. Click on the touch screen and it is non responsive. The reverse camera will stay on for an unreasonable amount of time.

Just various issues with the system in general. May be worth tracking here if anyone else experiences this with your current 2019 or for new owners.

We've just brought it back for the second time today and hoping a new firmware exists to fix all of this. Thanks all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had similar issues with my 2019 RR. I found that if I wait until ALL software has loaded for both screens (about 20-30 sec), all is good. If you go to reverse immediately after starting, strange things happen. Fingers crossed but no issues since allowing all the computers to boot up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had similar issues with my 2019 RR. I found that if I wait until ALL software has loaded for both screens (about 20-30 sec), all is good. If you go to reverse immediately after starting, strange things happen. Fingers crossed but no issues since allowing all the computers to boot up.
Similar experiences here in my 2018, even with the latest software update. If shifting into reverse after starting the car all kinds of weird things happen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the club. I have been struggling with the infotainment system in nearly two years first with an MY17 and now an MY18. The system get better after each software update but the bugs unfortunately keep coming. I will soon give up this brand for another if they don’t solve this issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
same thing on my 2018 RR. all of the above and more. the good news: all fixed with the new software updates
Would you mind sharing what is the version number of your update? Mine supposedly got the latest update just 1 month ago but still experiencing many of the same issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Only issue I’ve had with my 2019 is that quite often, the navigation map on the digital instrument cluster does not appear when I start the car. I have to scroll through the display menu and reset the full map option.

Other than that, everything works perfectly and the system never lags at all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine is actually pretty solid, every once in a while it will take a while for my "media" to play but is otherwise fine. its a 2019 that wasn't originally specced with CarPlay but they did the CarPlay update on it, and it all seems to work...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Incredible that some of you have solid systems. The software release note they send out with every update says the opposit. But it has slowly been improved for each software release and that’s good but there is still a many bugs left to call it above and beyond...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2017 RR HSE Td6 also have all sorts of issues if I start my vehicle and engage reverse. However, if I wait for full system boot up, I am free of issues. Try waiting for about 15 to 20 seconds and then engage into gear and advise us if the problem is solved.

Just thought I'd share this with any forum members that purchased a 2019. Received ours a couple months ago and have had continuous intermittent issues with the center console. Sometimes the screen(s) black out. The reverse camera doesn't work. The screens will start to flicker. Click on the touch screen and it is non responsive. The reverse camera will stay on for an unreasonable amount of time.

Just various issues with the system in general. May be worth tracking here if anyone else experiences this with your current 2019 or for new owners.

We've just brought it back for the second time today and hoping a new firmware exists to fix all of this. Thanks all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2017 RR HSE Td6 also have all sorts of issues if I start my vehicle and engage reverse. However, if I wait for full system boot up, I am free of issues. Try waiting for about 15 to 20 seconds and then engage into gear and advise us if the problem is solved.
I agree. I wait for everything to boot up and works perfectly. If not, issues as you describe.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I hate to be that guy, and hope I don't jinx it But after getting the latest update a month ago, everything has been working great. The one issue that still persists is not always getting the full map on the cluster

·
Registered
48 Posts
I jinxed my post above. Got in the Range Rover today and the entire lower screen is blacked out and the center screen is greyed out flickers while auto adjusting up and down.

Not happy about this at all.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Folks the new 18D update was just released. for ICTP. if your dealer does not have it available, tell them to get it. It fixes a lot of issue folks are complaining about

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Okay folks, some of you are getting way too far off topic. This thread is not for cruise control issues, back up cameras... etc. The thread topic is for MY 2019 nav, ICE and center console issues, assuming that means the dual touch screens. Please stay on topic post actual facts about what your issues are. Nobody can assist on broad sweeping statements or vague generalizations.

Brazeagle has the best suggestion in the entire thread take your time when you start a trip. Any technology takes awhile to load up. Tablets, cell phones, computers all take a bit to load up. If you start your Rover and start poking at the touch screens before things are even loaded it's just going to delay things even further. It's like turning on a cell phone you have to for the OS to load, for carrier to be verified and and reception to be established. If you start trying to dial out before you have reception it's not going to work.

Above all else, other car makers have absolutely no impact on JLR tech that has always been behind the times. You folks that have had many past Range Rovers KNOW buying another one means a different set of tech issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remaining issues post install of 18D:

1. Bluetooth not working/will not pair phones
2. Car will select FM radio source by itself (previously listening to SiriusXM)
3. Backup cameras will not display when selecting reverse (car gets stuck on the PDC display)
4. Climate will go to “LO” when selecting reverse
5. Climate will go out of sync (left/right temperatures split)

I’m not sure if this qualifies as display issues, but I tend to view them as such since they are all integrated in the displays and the software revision was meant to fix them. At least the release notes indicated they did.

And with all respect, I don’t think that anyone goes out expecting a new $100K Range to have electronic issues any more than they expect it to break down at the side of the road. I had a ‘16 that was flawless in all respects and a testament to the brand. I cannot say the same for the 2019.

I understand software has inevitable flaws, but then just activate the OTA updates and save me trips to the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts

Ditto....otherwise good - fingers crossed...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts