RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I proactively brought my HST to the dealer because it hit 12k, and 1 year. I did not get a "Service Needed" request from the car.

The dealer said that according to JLR, this engine's maintenance schedule is:

2 Years or 21k miles, whichever is first.

Huh? I'm opting to save $700 bucks and exit stage left. I never keep cars past their warranty date, so if it blows, its on JLR's bill.

Wondering if any other HST I-6 owners feel reluctant to follow the guidelines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 HST. My schedule from the dealer was 16K or 1 year. Interesting how they've changed in recent years! I'd stay stick with your gut, if you're going to trade in before the warranty, that's on them. Save the cash!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
Nothing stops you from doing an oil change in between official services

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer was certainly willing to take my money, but the wife and I could have a couple of nice dinners at Ruth's Chris instead.

Like putting Premium fuel into a Pinto. Feels good, but does nothing. I have to believe JLR balanced their risk (for warranty payout) with this schedule. We used to do regular oil changes every 3-5k, and actually flush coolants, change spark plugs, etc. Times have changed.

And if she blows up 5k after the warranty period, I will hang my head in shame.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
I just follow what the vehicle tells me to do. Lots on here change oil sooner. I just had my 5th year maintenance done and ended up changing the oil about 1000 miles early but no problems. Indy shop told me they recommend every 8-10k miles. Dealer and LR programming say annually/16k for my 2016.

If you do change it earlier I'd recommend doing it at an indy shop which is much cheaper than the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts