RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just recently traded in my 2016 Range Rover HSE Diesel for a 2019 1/2 Range Rover HSE V6 (I guess Landrover does 1/2) and I have to say there are things I love and hate.

Love:

- The new leather seats
- The added touchscreen
- 3 section Ambient Lights (top, middle and bottom)
- White Head-up display versus the green head-up display
- Hidden compartment under the cup holders
- All the displays crispness
- New tones/Chimes
- Rear buttons (blind spot for rear, sunblind control, mute button and window controls)
- Apple CarPlay
- Leather steering wheel feels different (quality wise)
- Buttons on the steering wheel
- Customization of cockpit dashboard
- Seat adjust buttons on door (Favorite update)
- Love the buttons in the trunk that control the seat and height
- Chauffeur mode to move front passenger seat
- I like when I leave the Sunblind open and I exit the car and put the alarm on the Sunblind will close and when I start the car the Sunblind opens back up
- The seat now slides underneath your thighs for support
- They key is better quality

Hate:

- Sound system for 13 speakers not impressive
- System at start is still slow
- Backup camera at night is really grainy
- Miss the door compartment from previous model
- Still has the weird tint color on the rear windows
- Bluetooth sounds horrible when talking to someone
- The carpets seem like they got cheaper as my 2016 model had better carpet mats (thicker and heavier)
- Sensors on the 2016 seemed more responsive as 2018 sensors seemed delayed
- I wish the middle console opened sideways versus vertical. It always feels awkward when you open it as you need to move a bit and so does the passenger.
- The windshield wipers are awkward as you can not lift them to clean the window
- I don't like the cover for the cupholders now has to be pulled versus the 2016 you just push and it would close

What I wish I would have added to my build out:

- Heated window (I like the purple hue look of the window)
- Upgraded sound system (I feel like 19 speaker upgrade makes a difference)
- Surround view Cameras (4 cameras versus 1 backup camera)

Anyone hate or love their 2019?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The timing of your thread is pretty funny. I’m new to the forum and I’m literally on a one way flight to take delivery of a new 2019 LWB with the SCV8. I sold my 2015 and have been trying to decipher what the changes are and what’s good and what’s bad about the newer model. I guess I’ll find out on the 6 hour drive back home!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The timing of your thread is pretty funny. I’m new to the forum and I’m literally on a one way flight to take delivery of a new 2019 LWB with the SCV8. I sold my 2015 and have been trying to decipher what the changes are and what’s good and what’s bad about the newer model. I guess I’ll find out on the 6 hour drive back home!
You'll love it. I had a 2014, now have a 2019 and it felt completely different to me. My 2014 suddenly felt so old.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If I may ask, what do we do for a living, buying new Range Rovers? I'll divulge... I bought a used 2012 L322 S/C this year. Lineman, AT&T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the Love will definitely out weight the Hate. I just put out the things I didn't like or obviously not use to yet. Anyone else have some things that they previously liked on their previous models? How about what you really love about the new model?

By the way I noticed that there is a clear tube behind the rear passenger right wheel and it turns out it is a drainage tube for the panoramic roof. There is also one in the front but I haven't seen it yet.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
975 Posts
If I may ask, what do we do for a living, buying new Range Rovers? I'll divulge... I bought a used 2012 L322 S/C this year. Lineman, AT&T.
ddm2k, I've been on this forum since 2010 and I've also wondered the same thing...some of the guys on this forum are very fortunate. I've never been fortunate enough to purchased a brand new Range Rover but I really admire the guys on here who actually are able to do so. I can only hope that one day I can experience that...but until then, my gently used 2013 is keeping a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
12 Posts
Since you asked, I'm a commercial real estate investment sales broker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made the drive home in the new RR. It’s a 2019 LWB SC Carpathian gray with the 7007 22” split spoke wheels and the Atlas accents. It took a lot longer due to traffic and some pretty serious storms. I can’t believe the difference from the 2015. It seems like just about everything is improved and I really don’t have any big items to gripe about. It just feels so much more refined and the technology for HVAC and the touch split screen is a massive improvement. I have the upgraded Meridian (as did the 2015) but this sounds way better. The biggest surprise was the dynamic driving mode which I must have missed in my research. It really tightens the suspension up and reduces the floaty ride that the other one had. I think my only complaint is you can’t disable the auto start/stop function.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
It is good to know this. I was looking to move up from my 2011 Sc to maybe 2015-17 range. I guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You can disable the Auto Start/Stop Function it is on the lower screen at the top right corner. I put a link below so you can see. Carpathian is a good choice as my 2016 was Carpathian Grey. How is the ride with the 22" wheels? I was debating on those but I read throughout the forum that the ride quality does change between the 21" and the 22" wheels.

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/document/LK/2019/T23424/31524_en_GBR/proc/G2149098

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I say disable it I mean permanently...The 2015 it was disabled upon start up and now you have to go into menu and disable it every time you start the truck. Not the biggest problem in the world but a change from the 2015. I live in NC so the roads are pretty good here so I’ve never had a problem with bigger rims and low profile tires. I would think the suspension does a pretty good job of isolating the ride regardless of rim size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered a 2020 LWB with all options - except the rear seat entertainment pack. Held out for the 2020 hoping for additional headlight options, but to my disappointment, that feature is not available. Otherwise a deep search showed virtually no difference between 2019 and 2020. I did "downsize" the wheels to 20" as the all terrain tire selection is better in 20", and yes we do take our RR off the paved road. ALso I find the 22" ride too harshly.

We tow an Airstream and has anyone else noticed the absurdly low tongue weight spec? THe technical manual rating is 200lbs higher, but still 200lbs short of the rating on the old RR.

Nice to haves; the 557HP engine, but the price difference is much to high for an additional 39HP. Considered the Autobiography but besides more speakers, leather and 24 way seat adjust what else [justifying the extra $$$$$$]?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently have a 2018 GLS 63 and looking to get a SV auto. Question, you say you like the heated windshield. I used to have it in my 2016 range. Do you still get that bad glare when headlights come at you? It was really bad in the 2016 and seemed like it made the view not as clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made the drive home in the new RR. It’s a 2019 LWB SC Carpathian gray with the 7007 22” split spoke wheels and the Atlas accents. It took a lot longer due to traffic and some pretty serious storms. I can’t believe the difference from the 2015. It seems like just about everything is improved and I really don’t have any big items to gripe about. It just feels so much more refined and the technology for HVAC and the touch split screen is a massive improvement. I have the upgraded Meridian (as did the 2015) but this sounds way better. The biggest surprise was the dynamic driving mode which I must have missed in my research. It really tightens the suspension up and reduces the floaty ride that the other one had. I think my only complaint is you can’t disable the auto start/stop function.

The second image shows a little gray 3-conductor connector to the left side of the high-current low-gauge cables. Disconnect that (and maybe zip tie or electrical tape it down so it doesn't rattle or short) and the EcoBoost nuisance start-stop is history. I didn't look to see what year model vehicle you have, but the photos are from a 2019 autobiography and would be representative for any l405 that isn't the full plug-in hybrid we don't even have yet from 2018 or 19 and probably the coming 20s. There is some difference in the 2013 to 2017s and off the top of my head I don't remember if the location of the backup battery changes, but the composition does as this is some kind of capacitor and not a battery at all. I think I just remembered actually the EcoBoost supplemental battery in the 13s to 17s is (reportedly) under the hood right next to the main battery. Moving it into the passenger side rear cargo area behind the side wall between the wheel well and rear door seemed almost like an intentional effort to hide it and switching to a power quality module as they call it seems like a deliberate effort to foil defeating it but lots of manufacturers use these. I posted more info and my phone number elsewhere on the site and don't mind if you need to get in touch with me to help you over the phone with it or something. Good luck. You already know you won't miss it and trust me, once it was disabled I forgot that s*** so fast being a passenger in someone else's made me think she was having car trouble for a split second when that thing made itself known LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a kick-ass truck. I just traded in a 2010 which I bought used with I think eight thousand miles to save 10 grand, but it was the first year they went back to the five litre which I'd sort of been hoping / waiting for. I think it had 42000 miles on the odometer, it was an HSE lux model probably could have sold for 15 and got 12 toward a trade. That will be a nice vehicle for someone with the caveat that a European car out of warranty is such a potentially expensive proposition. I'm not telling you your business to say in case you don't already know that or somebody didn't warn you if this is your first one, just be prepared. I'm not trying to spook you and mess up your new car party either, just I'd be doing you a disservice to remember several episodes among friends and even the one I just traded. The minute it went out of warranty it needed a cracked water pump replaced and that was only 10 days after being in for its most expensive service interval which was 35 or 40 thousand miles. You can't tell me they could not have spotted that cracked water pump during the visual inspection I know **** well is in the description of the work. I had not even burned off an entire tank of gas between getting it back from service (which of course I'd deliberately timed to be within the warranty interval to avoid such a thing) and sending it back for that. So the three most expensive things brakes tires & 35k service plus now a water pump and an $1,800 roofline spoiler that messed up because I didn't realize the garage door had automatically closed while I was talking on the phone and just backed right out through my own garage door. ? Yes, there is some degree of my own snoozing and losing responsible for incurring all of those at the same time, but it still might have been nice to have a defibrillator nearby when they handed me a $9,000 bill. It was okay I realized what I was doing it's just it does all have to be done and that's what it costs, and I think a lot of people would say well you do have to pay closer attention next time --and maybe that's what I'm saying even. That became part of why I drove the car longer not even so much it wasn't being forced it was forcing that car to give me some **** value back before also bending over for the trade.

The new sport looks like a split tailgate still but it isn't. You have the last year model of the split tailgate sport I believe and I'm not blowing smoke to say that was the only reason I got a short wheelbase range Rover l405 instead of another Sport and I regret it. I mean it's not exactly regret its a beautiful lovely wonderful vehicle but I prefer the way the other one drives and parks, just it's sort of heresy that it's now a hatchback. But I don't like the touch surface buttons that don't have any tactile differentiation and the loss of the analog clock in the cockpit all that touchscreen bullshit needs to be more softbutton for sure IMHO.

Do you work with the regular copper pstn service? I still have it because my house is a cellular Bermuda triangle and I live where there are hurricanes and that's one less utility egg in a basket depending on some other utility not failing to maintain that service for those times. It was like I was asking them to punch me in the face to get them to disconnect the voip product and reconnect the standard but disappearing-fast service they weren't supposed to disconnect in the first place a couple of years ago. I do home automation installations, basically anything wired, (mostly low voltage) that an electrician doesn't do on the line voltage side. I do my own line voltage stuff to some degree if permitting isn't required or whatever, but just real straightforward stuff. I do my own less straightforward stuff but that's mostly because customers tend to regard sparks and casual electrocutions as unprofessional. LMFAO

I tell any client who will allow me to advise them to get regular old fashioned landline service and we hook up the sip phones they answer their door stations with in lots of installations through an IP PBX to an fxo port. I don't want to see that service disappear, it's of significant disaster practicality here on the gulf coast. At least it is to some of us who think for ourselves. And you're **** straight a new Range Rover is an expensive proposition. But 26 chrome ain't never paid for itself no more than pussy have ever sold itself though, so when I see rags to bitches I kain't hate the player I got to hate the game. Juss sayin

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
69 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just recently traded in my 2016 Range Rover HSE Diesel for a 2019 1/2 Range Rover HSE V6 (I guess Landrover does 1/2) and I have to say there are things I love and hate.

Love:

• The new leather seats
  • The added touchscreen
  • 3 section Ambient Lights (top, middle and bottom)
  • White Head-up display versus the green head-up display
  • Hidden compartment under the cup holders
  • All the displays crispness
  • New tones/Chimes
  • Rear buttons (blind spot for rear, sunblind control, mute button and window controls)
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Leather steering wheel feels different (quality wise)
  • Buttons on the steering wheel
  • Customization of cockpit dashboard
  • Seat adjust buttons on door (Favorite update)
  • Love the buttons in the trunk that control the seat and height
  • Chauffeur mode to move front passenger seat
  • I like when I leave the Sunblind open and I exit the car and put the alarm on the Sunblind will close and when I start the car the Sunblind opens back up
  • The seat now slides underneath your thighs for support
  • They key is better quality
Hate:

• Sound system for 13 speakers not impressive
  • System at start is still slow
  • Backup camera at night is really grainy
  • Miss the door compartment from previous model
  • Still has the weird tint color on the rear windows
  • Bluetooth sounds horrible when talking to someone
  • The carpets seem like they got cheaper as my 2016 model had better carpet mats (thicker and heavier)
  • Sensors on the 2016 seemed more responsive as 2018 sensors seemed delayed
  • I wish the middle console opened sideways versus vertical. It always feels awkward when you open it as you need to move a bit and so does the passenger.
  • The windshield wipers are awkward as you can not lift them to clean the window
  • I don't like the cover for the cupholders now has to be pulled versus the 2016 you just push and it would close

What I wish I would have added to my build out:

• Heated window (I like the purple hue look of the window)
  • Upgraded sound system (I feel like 19 speaker upgrade makes a difference)
  • Surround view Cameras (4 cameras versus 1 backup camera)
Anyone hate or love their 2019?
I love my 2019 RR HSE TD6! So much nicer than my 2017. I never noticed any difference in any of the 2019 Range Rovers. I know the RRS had some updates mid 2019 but what do you know of updates in the Range Rover during 2019?

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is a kick-ass truck. I just traded in a 2010 which I bought used with I think eight thousand miles to save 10 grand, but it was the first year they went back to the five litre which I'd sort of been hoping / waiting for. I think it had 42000 miles on the odometer, it was an HSE lux model probably could have sold for 15 and got 12 toward a trade. That will be a nice vehicle for someone with the caveat that a European car out of warranty is such a potentially expensive proposition. I'm not telling you your business to say in case you don't already know that or somebody didn't warn you if this is your first one, just be prepared. I'm not trying to spook you and mess up your new car party either, just I'd be doing you a disservice to remember several episodes among friends and even the one I just traded. The minute it went out of warranty it needed a cracked water pump replaced and that was only 10 days after being in for its most expensive service interval which was 35 or 40 thousand miles. You can't tell me they could not have spotted that cracked water pump during the visual inspection I know ** well is in the description of the work. I had not even burned off an entire tank of gas between getting it back from service (which of course I'd deliberately timed to be within the warranty interval to avoid such a thing) and sending it back for that. So the three most expensive things brakes tires & 35k service plus now a water pump and an $1,800 roofline spoiler that messed up because I didn't realize the garage door had automatically closed while I was talking on the phone and just backed right out through my own garage door. ? Yes, there is some degree of my own snoozing and losing responsible for incurring all of those at the same time, but it still might have been nice to have a defibrillator nearby when they handed me a $9,000 bill. It was okay I realized what I was doing it's just it does all have to be done and that's what it costs, and I think a lot of people would say well you do have to pay closer attention next time --and maybe that's what I'm saying even. That became part of why I drove the car longer not even so much it wasn't being forced it was forcing that car to give me some ** value back before also bending over for the trade.

The new sport looks like a split tailgate still but it isn't. You have the last year model of the split tailgate sport I believe and I'm not blowing smoke to say that was the only reason I got a short wheelbase range Rover l405 instead of another Sport and I regret it. I mean it's not exactly regret its a beautiful lovely wonderful vehicle but I prefer the way the other one drives and parks, just it's sort of heresy that it's now a hatchback. But I don't like the touch surface buttons that don't have any tactile differentiation and the loss of the analog clock in the cockpit all that touchscreen bullshit needs to be more softbutton for sure IMHO.

Do you work with the regular copper pstn service? I still have it because my house is a cellular Bermuda triangle and I live where there are hurricanes and that's one less utility egg in a basket depending on some other utility not failing to maintain that service for those times. It was like I was asking them to punch me in the face to get them to disconnect the voip product and reconnect the standard but disappearing-fast service they weren't supposed to disconnect in the first place a couple of years ago. I do home automation installations, basically anything wired, (mostly low voltage) that an electrician doesn't do on the line voltage side. I do my own line voltage stuff to some degree if permitting isn't required or whatever, but just real straightforward stuff. I do my own less straightforward stuff but that's mostly because customers tend to regard sparks and casual electrocutions as unprofessional. LMFAO

I tell any client who will allow me to advise them to get regular old fashioned landline service and we hook up the sip phones they answer their door stations with in lots of installations through an IP PBX to an fxo port. I don't want to see that service disappear, it's of significant disaster practicality here on the gulf coast. At least it is to some of us who think for ourselves. And you're **** straight a new Range Rover is an expensive proposition. But 26 chrome ain't never paid for itself no more than pussy have ever sold itself though, so when I see rags to bitches I kain't hate the player I got to hate the game. Juss sayin
I've already begun to feel the first winds of this storm. $1000 ABS pump replacement and $1500 AMK replacement compressor within the first 10,000 miles of ownership. But at 135k miles, I guess that's lucky. Currently I have NO errors on the dash!

My dream is to get the front sides tinted to match the factory rear tint (which is DARK, like 20% or so), find some 22" Overfinch replicas (let's be real) and dress it up like a tux. I've got a strong Fuji White + black theme going right now. There are some tuning kits with an underdrive pulley and programmer for $1200 but that only buys you 50-60 HP. It's already heart-stopping fast.

---

Regarding AT&T...

I always tell customers "after our box on the side of your house, you can do ANYTHING you want!" Copper lines can withstand the absolute worst line conditions and still make a call. VoIP service will only be as good as your internet connection. If you're lucky enough to have good wired internet (DSL, cable, anything) VoIP will work just fine. Rest assured someone asked in our meeting if they will reclaim the old copper lines, and the answer was NO. For cost reasons. They will be there as long as they can continue making money. Most places in the SE are 50 y/o and NYC is 100+ y/o. We are not even halfway through the life of the cable. Of course, breakages will be replaced with new copper.

Sometimes customers are in unfortunate situations (house in the middle of 100 acres, driveway is 0.8 miles long, there is one house so no repeaters or doublers from the road side to the dwelling. You've got a 4,000+ft loop length. Best we can get you is 6 MBPS Bellsouth FastAccess DSL that drops out twice a day when the office card overheats and resets. Not even uVerse, won't push VDSL2. If you have a service call with AT&T please request a "service tech" or "facility tech" on a helper ticket if they try to send a "wire tech" to fix a dropping connection. The office card is probably not hot enough and only an ST or FT is authorized to change them out. Ask for a "N" card or a "K" card. They have the highest voltage to push the signal the farthest without needing repeaters.

I'm in line construction so we hang the main cables, sometimes pull them underground manhole-to-manhole. I kind of have to keep quiet about the political part of it (NC labor union participation is 50/50 states at a low of 1.9%) LOL but I am in love with the job (and overtime). We stick together and have fought successfully against outsourcing our work to contractors. It really is a lifestyle.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
332 Posts
DDm2k, I had a set of 22" overfinch replicas before. Sold them after 50 miles. They were on my l322 so that might have something to do with it but the ride quality was horrible compared to 19's. My new ride has factory 21's and Im hoping that the new chassis makes up for that. The wheels I mention were like mid 2006 Porsche 911 'lobster forks' with the square at the end of the spoke. Overfinch made this wheel in 20 and 22 IIRC. Replicas always come in 22.

Back to the OP, Congrats on the new ride. Every new car will have an adjustment period for the new owner. Hopefully the new things wont be a deal breaker and it provides miles of smiles.

·
Registered
640 Posts
DDm2k, I had a set of 22" overfinch replicas before. Sold them after 50 miles. They were on my l322 so that might have something to do with it but the ride quality was horrible compared to 19's. My new ride has factory 21's and Im hoping that the new chassis makes up for that. The wheels I mention were like mid 2006 Porsche 911 'lobster forks' with the square at the end of the spoke. Overfinch made this wheel in 20 and 22 IIRC. Replicas always come in 22.

Back to the OP, Congrats on the new ride. Every new car will have an adjustment period for the new owner. Hopefully the new things wont be a deal breaker and it provides miles of smiles.
I was told by my independent shop that the bigger brakes on the S/C precluded me from sizing down from my current 20’s to 19’s, save for a handful of aftermarket styles which I was not in love with.

Below are the ones I had in mind. A very tightly packed, “computer-circuit” pattern. Thought it looked sharp.

Also considering:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
618 Posts
Your independent is correct. The SC brakes will fit with 20 inch wheels, but not the 19's.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts