RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a 2015 BMW X5 and looking for something that has a larger cargo space. It was $76,000 new. Looking for something in the $70-95k range, hopefully closer to $75k.
I have a Newfound dog that weighs 160 lbs. In the back of the X5, he can look over the back seat if he hunches. Hoping to find something taller (as measured from the 3rd row floor to roof. If I can take out the 3rd row altogether, that might be even better). Overall just the amount of space in the X5 is not enough. My garage is only 205" deep as well since I have shelving in the front.

It appear below the Denali offers more space, but I just dont like the looks internally or externally. For example, the Infotainment system (TouchPro) on the 2017 and 2018 Land Rover and the 2018 Velar and Discovery looks miles ahead of the Denali. And the outside of the Denali really hasnt changed in 10 years much. Range Rover line has gone into more nicely formed curves and refinement.

2015 BMW x5 Length= 192.4” (Current car)
Cargo= 32” tall by 42” wide by 41” deep. (Very back of car, has no 3rd row seating) 35.8 cubic feet, 76.7 cubic feet overal behind from seats.

2018 Yukon Denali Length 203.9” 15.3 ft, 94.7 with seat area
2018 Lexus LX Length 200” 15.5 ft, 83.1 with seat
2018 Land Rover 196.5” 32.1/82.8
2018 Jaguar F Pace Cargo 33.5 cu ft
2018 Range Rover Velar: 189” long, Behind 1[SUP]st[/SUP] row: 41” tall, 49 wide, 70 cu feet
2018 Range Rover Discovery: 43.5 cu feet behind 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] row. 37” high, 55.6 wide. 88.3 cubic feet behind front seats. HSE Luxury edition. 340 HP

It appear that the Land Rover either 2017 or 2018 or the Discovery might be better? Let me know your thoughts. Also, please double check the cargo space I list above. If you google some of these measurements, you get different answers.
(fyi..Im glad they replaced the Discovery with the L4.. L4 drove terribly..more like an uncomfortable truck)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Discovery was replaced by the Dicso II, then the LR3 and finally the LR4. The LR3 and LR4 are mechanically the same as the first and second gen L320 Sports.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Ahhhh, the new Discovery... Haven't been in one yet and not the least bit interested. The first two generations were so claustrophobic I couldn't stand to drive them. The 3&4 were better for shoulder room but still couldn't stand to be in them for very long. The new discovery is good looking though.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
You really don;t need to keep asking the same question repeatedly. You have posted the statistics so you have already answered it yourself.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
How many of the other forums have had members go out and measure the cargo space for you? None I would imagine.
Cargo space is regularly put out by the manufacturer, so no need to Google.
It appears YOU need to do some thinking about it all, seeing as you keep mentioning cargo space, but then you don't like the looks of the vehicle with the most cargo space?!?!?!?!?!

Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts