RangeRovers.net Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you guys think it just affects all the cars, just to different degrees?
Anyone with an SVR have this issue?
I mainly drive in dynamic mode and don’t notice it. Just my wife drove my car and said it was slow (I know, nearly pulled my hair outta my head) but it got me thinking, might be this issue?
Good to hear there’s a fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Accelerate forward
Cause:ATCM software issues.

performed pathfinder diagnostic.
found codes U2300-54 ( central confit missing )

checked ATCM SOFTWARE LEVEL found update available.

UPDATED ATCM. JPLA-14D024-AC to JPLA-14DO24-AD

JPLA-14D025-1C to JPLA-14DO25-AD

checked GWM SOFTWARE LEVEL FOUND UPDATE AVAILABLE.
UPDATED GWM JK52-14DO25-AD
UPDATED GWM JK52-14F530-DE to JK52-14F530-DG, JK52-14F531-DD to JK52-14F531-DE

CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Accelerate forward

CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.
What's GWM? I assume ATCM is automatic transmission control module, but GWM is stumping me.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just a quick update: It’s been a few Days since the ATCM Software Fox. Still no hesitation whatsoever, so it seems like it worked. Anyone else with this problem had it taken care of yet?

Accelerate forward

CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just a quick update: It’s been a few Days since the ATCM Software Fox. Still no hesitation whatsoever, so it seems like it worked. Anyone else with this problem had it taken care of yet?
are you sure you had the same issue as we all had? Because from what i was told there is no software update as of yet dealing specifically with the delay issue. You may have had an out of date software for you vehicle so they just did the standard update and it is this that fixed your problem. If you have heard any different info than please elaborate. But Glad you vehicle is working just fine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
are you sure you had the same issue as we all had? Because from what i was told there is no software update as of yet dealing specifically with the delay issue. You may have had an out of date software for you vehicle so they just did the standard update and it is this that fixed your problem. If you have heard any different info than please elaborate. But Glad you vehicle is working just fine.
It was pointed out previously in the thread, but are you sure you have the same issue? The thread started out as a V8-specific one (which is how I found it as my wife has a 2017 RR SCV8, with no hesitation issue as far as we can tell), but has gotten jumbled with the V6, diesel and now RRS models. If your vehicle is a V6 RRS, are you sure you have the same exact issue as a RR SCV8 model? It's hard to tell if these are all the same problem with the mix of engines and models in the thread.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It was pointed out previously in the thread, but are you sure you have the same issue? The thread started out as a V8-specific one (which is how I found it as my wife has a 2017 RR SCV8, with no hesitation issue as far as we can tell), but has gotten jumbled with the V6, diesel and now RRS models. If your vehicle is a V6 RRS, are you sure you have the same exact issue as a RR SCV8 model? It's hard to tell if these are all the same problem with the mix of engines and models in the thread.
Yes... The engine does not matter (except diesel) nor even the vehicle this had been a problem even on the discovery models since 2014 Some where along the way they began installing 2014-2017 TCM updates to the vehicles and it was after this that vehicles that did not have an issue now had one. This is even stated in one of the SSM from JLR that they would be pulling that update from the system and if anyone who had it and would not pick up there vehicle after service that service would have to file a report.

Also as stated by JLR the delay is due to programming for a specific torque strategy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes... The engine does not matter (except diesel) nor even the vehicle this had been a problem even on the discovery models since 2014 Some where along the way they began installing 2014-2017 TCM updates to the vehicles and it was after this that vehicles that did not have an issue now had one. This is even stated in one of the SSM from JLR that they would be pulling that update from the system and if anyone who had it and would not pick up there vehicle after service that service would have to file a report.

Also as stated by JLR the delay is due to programming for a specific torque strategy.
Is there proof or documentation (TSBs, etc.) of any of this, especially the last line of your post, or just your assertion? Is the poster above who last week received the ATCM and GWM software updates wrong?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer had a conference call with Jaguar/LandRover last week. They were told they are still working on the problem, and hope to have a fix in 2-4 weeks. My dealer has had my car at the shop 3 weeks now, and looks like it will be more. This is by my choosing, but I will not put my family in this vehicle. So my dealer had me call Land Rover customer service, and ask for a new vehicle. My dealer first reported this problem to LR on February 19, and feel 3 months is long enough. So far, it sounds like they are on my side, and I will say they are really trying to make me happy. I will keep you updated, as LR told me to expect a call by Wednesday, with options.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is there proof or documentation (TSBs, etc.) of any of this, especially the last line of your post, or just your assertion? Is the poster above who last week received the ATCM and GWM software updates wrong?
Just finished responding to your other inquisition on the other l494 thread I really wish you would read through all the comments for this thread and you would see I am not just talking out of my but. I don't state things like that without PROOF not that I should need it (perhaps its just your wording that seem offensive).

But here it is for yours and others eyes to see: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10157159-9999.pdf

·
Registered
276 Posts
My dealer had a conference call with Jaguar/LandRover last week. They were told they are still working on the problem, and hope to have a fix in 2-4 weeks. My dealer has had my car at the shop 3 weeks now, and looks like it will be more. This is by my choosing, but I will not put my family in this vehicle. So my dealer had me call Land Rover customer service, and ask for a new vehicle. My dealer first reported this problem to LR on February 19, and feel 3 months is long enough. So far, it sounds like they are on my side, and I will say they are really trying to make me happy. I will keep you updated, as LR told me to expect a call by Wednesday, with options.
I feel your pain I have not driven mine more than a few miles a week still less than 600 miles on it since December. Good thing I have another vehicle. I didn't even bother bringing mine in for other quirks until the fix is issued. As soon as it comes in they will take my vehicle in without waiting. I will let you know when it comes in.

Unfortunately JLRNA customer service will be not help they dont have any technical info all they can do is create a file for you to pass along. they dont have access to the system like the service centers do. They will always direct you to speak with the dealership.

And yes I am sure the service managers are feeling it and wish they would do something about it since it has been going on for years, they are at the mercy of engineers if nothing is passed along to them they are helpless. They rely on their authorization for everything or else they do not get paid, plus they are not at liberty to alter anything beyond factory spec without the say so from above.

My only fear is when they make that change it is going to alter other characteristics of the driving performance. I feel it is going to involve more than just the TCM they probably will have to alter other modules like the PCM to compensate for the changes.

Thanks for updating your situation.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just finished responding to your other inquisition on the other l494 thread I really wish you would read through all the comments for this thread and you would see I am not just talking out of my but. I don't state things like that without PROOF not that I should need it (perhaps its just your wording that seem offensive).

But here it is for yours and others eyes to see: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10157159-9999.pdf
It's funny that you find questions as to your claims and sources to be "offensive". It's telling. You're just some guy making claims on the internet. Word of caution, I'd be careful about asserting that the cars are dangerous without concrete proof if I were you. That could open you up to some liability.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Thanks for posting that tech info. I sent it over to my SA and she said they'll have the specific throttle software update in the next few weeks. Mines a 2015 RRS SCV8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would like to hear what bill2019 was told about both his F-Pace and RR by the dealer after checking for error codes. My 18 full size HSE has been checked at the dealership 3 times for errors causing the hesitation. Each time....clean bill of health. Hence the belief it is a software issue. After 1 year, and many full-size RR's sold, mine and one other remain the only two 18's with hesitation, per the Portland dealer sales and service personnel, if they are truthful. From above entries, it is obvious the problem is worse in some vehicles than in others, which is evidence this is not an intentional design for mpg improvement. It is a glitch. And at this point LR and most likely Jaguar have not solved it or maybe don't intend to solve it; that's par for the course unless the problem is so widespread that people stop buying the cars; now, if someone gets killed because of this problem, they might then go after it, due to a lawsuit. My hesitation problem is about one second in duration when in Sport mode and more than that in Drive mode.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Would like to hear what bill2019 was told about both his F-Pace and RR by the dealer after checking for error codes. My 18 full size HSE has been checked at the dealership 3 times for errors causing the hesitation. Each time....clean bill of health. Hence the belief it is a software issue. After 1 year, and many full-size RR's sold, mine and one other remain the only two 18's with hesitation, per the Portland dealer sales and service personnel, if they are truthful. From above entries, it is obvious the problem is worse in some vehicles than in others, which is evidence this is not an intentional design for mpg improvement. It is a glitch. And at this point LR and most likely Jaguar have not solved it or maybe don't intend to solve it; that's par for the course unless the problem is so widespread that people stop buying the cars; now, if someone gets killed because of this problem, they might then go after it, due to a lawsuit. My hesitation problem is about one second in duration when in Sport mode and more than that in Drive mode.
There is no problem with the f pace with throttle response.

There are no codes or problems regarding this issue there are seemingly always temporary codes thrown (not MIL DTC} Because if all the monitoring but none that would cause this issue.

I have the equipment to read and monitor Live data from modules, this is how I have been trying to track the interactions from all data points during test drives. The only thing I am unable to do and most important here is read the transmission programming data so no way to compare. As far as the situation with the range rovers goes from what I understand, some of the earlier l405/494 had no issues with the transmission it was not until they began Updating vehicle with a new TCM update that changed some of the Parameters to better improve torque. The newer vehicles were produced with this change this is why many more complaints have arisen. They have indeed know about this issue for years but have chosen not to do anything about it. It is not until now with many more complaints they are looking at a fix.

There is no way your dealer has not known any other vehicles having this issue, If you were to get into any one of their vehicles on their lot and do the slow down to a crawl and accelerate test you will indeed see the delay.

For anyone who is not sure of how to reproduce this delay Try this: From a normal speed of above 30mph bring your vehicle rapidly to a crawl to below 3mph or to a very brief stop and go and then press the throttle hard. you will notice a delay followed by a rapid acceleration. If it does not happen at first try it again with slightly different slow speed or try slowing down enough without a stop and making a turn onto another street. The goal is to get speed down slow enough to cause to transmission to begin to downshift it will downshift to 3rd gear it will take a few seconds for the transmission to figure out if it should downshift any further and it is during this time that you want to be slow enough to have the need to start in 1st or second and then step on the throttle. The transmission will still be in third but the slow speed of the vehicle requires 2nd or 1st 3rd is to high. It is during this small window that the problem occurs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am pushing for a buy back. Probably have to go the lemon law route, because Land Rover is telling me there is a fix. They had the two regional managers down yesterday, and both stated that there will be a fix any day. I am arguing that I was told back in February, when I first took my Rover in for this problem, that they told me, in the LR bulletin, the fix was coming in April. Then by the second week in April, it would be any day. Now it is almost May, and still no fix. I am now at the point where I have lost faith and confidence, and want out. Sad for me to say this , since I have been a very local Land Rover owner, having owned 9 Land Rovers. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
279 Posts
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/25/gm-transmission-class-action-lawsuit/

Not the same transmission, MFG, or anything!

But very similar experience of what people are feeling with their LRs. Can’t help but wonder if they are just getting more attention because there are so many more GMs and GM cars out there vs LRs. Is anyone willing to put forward a class action law suit? (Full disclosure, I have no clue if it’s even possible or how)

Following this topic, hope they find a fix soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 93 Posts