RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had always intended to black out the wheels and exhaust tips. Having second thoughts because these wheels look so good as-is.

Up on fence.

What are your thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.55.19 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.54.55 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.55.40 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 11.00.33 AM.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Usually not a fan of the all black look on RRs, but since you already have the 'stealth pack' and the best colour in the range to compliment it (IMO) it will look neater in gloss black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
For me it's no contest, the silver looks MUCH better. I think if you black out the wheels and exhaust tips you'll regret it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would keep it as it is, looks perfect for me, only the blacked tips would make the rear a bit cleaner.

I am not a fan of the overall black wheels trend, love them in silver grey or titan, but not in black.
Too style oriented, less close to the real thing, the aluminum they made from.

Like the alumnium silver contrasts with the black rubber, looks real to me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think black wheels and black exhaust tips would look great on your ride. What's the name of your color?

One of the first things i did after purchasing mine was this mod.

Bought it on Monday, dropped the RRS at the body shop on Tuesday to have the tips painted and some other parts & we sent the wheels off to the powder at the same time.

BTW, been to that Ace plenty of times to get things when im out that way with my crews.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Great looking ride. I would leave exhaust tips as is.

Would be interesting to just black out the inside of the rims (where its darker grey), but otherwise I do like the black look with your vehicle.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am not usually a fan of black wheels, but the powder coated wheels and exhaust tips really complement the color of your rig.
Steve

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you're not sure, just use plasti-dip on them. One can per wheel would work and you'd be spending around $25 total. If you don't like it, peel it off. I did it to mine the first week I got it and kept it on because it looked great and didn't see the need to spend the money to do the powdercoat. I was in a fender bender and needed to replace the exhaust tips, so I had the shop powdercoat them and they look much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ride - The color is British Racing Green

I think black wheels and black exhaust tips would look great on your ride. What's the name of your color?

One of the first things i did after purchasing mine was this mod.

Bought it on Monday, dropped the RRS at the body shop on Tuesday to have the tips painted and some other parts & we sent the wheels off to the powder at the same time.

BTW, been to that Ace plenty of times to get things when im out that way with my crews.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m considering going with gloss black (via the powder coat / bake process) on the exact same wheel, but on a Fuji White body with the black top. Please post pictures if you do your wheels in black.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesterday I drove by a 2018 with same wheels but black. They did not look good.

I’m considering going with gloss black (via the powder coat / bake process) on the exact same wheel, but on a Fuji White body with the black top. Please post pictures if you do your wheels in black.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Another option for you Guys. My 2016 came with Satin Grey wheels. They really looked good and didn’t show Brake Dust as much as Silver or Black.

D4608A43-5944-4BFC-A92F-8CEC80CF1432.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Black RRS came with satin gray 21" Split Spoke Style 507 wheels. I'd swap these for a set of black wheels in a heartbeat. Eventually, I am going to get them powdercoated gloss black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts