RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
SCV8 L494 SCV8 L405
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably too soon for anyone to have tried so maybe I will be the guinea pig! I need the new 2018 tail lights for my 2015 RRS so hopefully they fit!

*pic uploader not working at the moment

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Hmm, not sure but even if they are, you would need to get a new grille and with the lights, that's probably like a $2000-2500 endeavor.

rrs.jpg

·
Registered
SCV8 L494 SCV8 L405
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Euroactive may be on the pricey side. If you get a VIN number for a 2018 you can see how much they end up being on parts.com which uses dealers to source the items or your local dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While the new led taillight is nice, but will it not have a mismatch when the rear is so futuristic and the front is dated? Hope the front is also plug and play with minimal modification and all will be good.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
Regarding the headlights, please be aware, those are changed also in shape, if you look closer you will see the light is now partially framing the grille.
Also the full led operates different from Xenon and with different electrical setup. The change is possible if you are happy to invest into a new front (wings, bumper, grille, head and foglights) and an amazing technician to adapt the new led to the old wiring.

Maybe worth to keep the car original (looks anyway fantastic).

All the best for 2018.
René

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agree. Not to mention even the above is done and lots of effort spent, step into to the car and you are still missing the dual screen and stuck with the dated screen. But is weird they facelift the incontrol in 2017 and they refresh a totally new system in 2018. If only they refresh earlier will be good.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
LMAO, Boy terras you sure are a ray of sunshine beaming down on what other folks want to do with their rigs. Is there any thing you like about these ancient dated rigs? :lol:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hmm, not sure but even if they are, you would need to get a new grille and with the lights, that's probably like a $2000-2500 endeavor.

View attachment 249185
Nice side by side there. I like the LEDs on the new one but would take the bumpers on the older one complete with the fog lights. In the rear too I'd take the LEDs but prefer the older look otherwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
LMAO, Boy terras you sure are a ray of sunshine beaming down on what other folks want to do with their rigs. Is there any thing you like about these ancient dated rigs?
Haha what i meant was the newer exterior may not match the interior the best even after spending a bomb. So it is best leave alone and enjoy it as what it is. However I am happy with my somewhat dated screen from a 16 RRS. Gettingused to the slow reacting screen.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
I decided the day i picked up my RRS that it was getting the new tail lights. The cost was worth it to me.

Before

After

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi how hard was it to change them? And did you do anything with the wiring or just plug in? Thank you so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally think this is the best option for a tail light on the RRS.
Thank you. What I have range rover sport 2016 diesel and I like the new tail.light of the range and I was thinking if I can change mine to the new one. That's all. I was wondering if that was possible

1 - 20 of 36 Posts