RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I have had my SVR for over a month now. I have done the Resonator delete, makes the crackling more crisp and pronounced. About 30% louder as well under load.

However, I'm curious about doing Downpipes or 200 cell cats?

My options:
1. Put Resonator back .... do 200 cell CATS or Downpipes
2. Leave Resonator off ... do 200 cell CATS

What would happen to the noise? Annoying? More throaty and deep? Pitchy? If I do the Downpipes and put the resonator back, will it be significantly louder?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Greetings all,

I have had my SVR for over a month now. I have done the Resonator delete, makes the crackling more crisp and pronounced. About 30% louder as well under load.

However, I'm curious about doing Downpipes or 200 cell cats?

My options:
1. Put Resonator back .... do 200 cell CATS or Downpipes
2. Leave Resonator off ... do 200 cell CATS

What would happen to the noise? Annoying? More throaty and deep? Pitchy? If I do the Downpipes and put the resonator back, will it be significantly louder?
Whatever you do, do not put downpipes in these cars.
Sounds ridiculously loud and will ruin any level of comfort you have. I've seen it done and it isn't nice at all. The performance gain is also minimal.

If you're chasing more sound, I'd say 30% more is good enough. If you are happy to experiment via trial and error, you can try adding 200 cell cats with your existing setup and see how it goes, worse case you can remove them I guess (or put the resonator back on).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTRR, thanks for your response. Currently I only have the resonator delete. However, I'm curious on how the 200 cell cats + putting the resonator back would sound. What are your thoughts? Would it be louder then just the sheer resonator delete?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
GTRR, thanks for your response. Currently I only have the resonator delete. However, I'm curious on how the 200 cell cats + putting the resonator back would sound. What are your thoughts? Would it be louder then just the sheer resonator delete?
My guess: the result would be a significant change of timbre, probably with more suppression of the fundamental and/or lower partials and somewhat less suppression of the upper partials. (A good analogue would be adjusting a stereo's EQ sliders with in an upward slant, left-to-right.) If it were catless DPs + res re-fit, you'd probably be looking at ultra-rasp, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't heard anything in person on the AJ133 aside from stock (non-SVR) and rear muffler deletes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts