RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recieved an update regarding the hold on SVO paint? Additionally has anyone taken possession of a RR with SVO color?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Was at the dealer last week picking up my car from service and inquired about availability of cars with SVO paint. Sales guy told me he had availability of a delivery of SVO paint car for sept. and he knew of no delays or issues with SVO paint. I enquired further to be sure and he checked the computer when I mentioned delays of SVO paint orders and he once again confirmed no delays or problems - he said if they were problems, etc. he would see it in the computer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last week I received a text from my SA that my RR with SVO paint has been built and to expect delivery mid April (15th to be exact). I had ask for a vin# to confirm but have yet to receive. Color me optimistic. ;-)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Well this is indeed terrific news. If the issues with SVO paints has been resolved there are going to be a lot of happy folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SA just texted my vin# so it is confirmed that my RR is built. Sounds like the SVO paint issues have been fixed (at least in my case).

Has anyone had success in tracking the shipment via Wallenius and Wilhelmsen? Over the years I have been able to track a Jaguar and a BMW but it now seems their website has changed. I'm hoping it either has already been off loaded or they have not yet received the car.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
SA just texted my vin# so it is confirmed that my RR is built. Sounds like the SVO paint issues have been fixed (at least in my case).

Has anyone had success in tracking the shipment via Wallenius and Wilhelmsen? Over the years I have been able to track a Jaguar and a BMW but it now seems their website has changed. I'm hoping it either has already been off loaded or they have not yet received the car.
Is he still expecting arrival on the 15th?

Also, do svo colors always take this long? Or was it worse this year?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
289 Posts

They did take the vin tracking feature off a bit back. I do understand if there was some security risk? Still Sucks, cause it was a cool feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am shocked to say mine arrived early, or more appropriately, as originally scheduled. At the time of order (11/19) the handover date was 4/5. As of 4 weeks ago is was modified to 4/15. SA contacted me last Thursday saying the vehicle was on the lot and we scheduled Saturday as the day of pick up. Coming from a 2013 RR HSE, I have to say the 2018 is substantially improved. The ride quality, seating comfort, and isolation from outside sound are sublime. I had a firetruck pass me with sirens blaring and with the radio at reasonable level, did not hear him until he was almost ready to pass.
Paint me now impressed.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I am shocked to say mine arrived early, or more appropriately, as originally scheduled. At the time of order (11/19) the handover date was 4/5. As of 4 weeks ago is was modified to 4/15. SA contacted me last Thursday saying the vehicle was on the lot and we scheduled Saturday as the day of pick up. Coming from a 2013 RR HSE, I have to say the 2018 is substantially improved. The ride quality, seating comfort, and isolation from outside sound are sublime. I had a firetruck pass me with sirens blaring and with the radio at reasonable level, did not hear him until he was almost ready to pass.
Paint me now impressed.

Congrats!! Would love to see some pictures.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
289 Posts
Wow!
#Stunning

I’m not a fan of satin finishes. But this looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts