RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been lurking the forum for about two months while looking at RRS inventory. Now im at the point I need the communities help!

This will be my first LR product. The RRS has been alluring to me for many years. I just love the lines. My family had 2 RR growing up (early 90's) as well as a mint Defender 90 that my father regrettably sold with only 4500 miles. :-x

Anyways, I am very torn between a new 2018 RRS SC Dynamic or a CPO 2016 SVR.

The SC is negotiated to $90,500 with only a few options.
The SVR can be had for $82,500, it has 25k on the clock. However with the CPO it almost matches the new car for warrantee.

Obviously the brakes, tires, etc will need to be considered but im very torn on what makes more sense. I like the idea of the updated tech and headlights, actually its the main reason I had been leaning toward the 2018. But with the issues folks are having with the screens Im not as sure anymore.

Anyone have an opinion to help me make my decision?! Does anyone have a option of how the power compares between the SVR and the updated SC? I will likely tune the 18 if I go that route.

Looking forward to being a part of the Rover community

Cheers-

·
Registered
340 Posts
No question I would get the 2018 even as a 2018 SVR owner - everything is better in 2018. Hands down.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was making the EXACT same decision a few months ago and I went with the SVR. But I was choosing between a 2016 SVR and a 2018 SVR which was a much bigger price gap. I'm happy with my decision if that means anything. Btw, you're getting a screaming deal on the SVR for a 25K car so if you decide to pass up on it, pm me, I might have someone who is interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you aren't worried about the price that much, 2018 is the way to go IMO... the new tech is pretty incredible, and you can get a tune from Velocity AP that will make your SC Dynamic surpass the SVR. You cant really go wrong either way, that 2016 SVR is still a good looking beast and of course has the panache of being an SVR, I just like the new infotainment and lights for 2018...

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,170 Posts
As a disclaimer I’ve never driven an SVR but I would go for the 2018. New car, updated look and tech. Get a tune if you worry about the HP difference.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
I just went through this same “dilemma” and bought the CPO 2016 SVR. Warranty almost identical and I really wanted the SVR exclusivity, sport seats, selectable exhaust and carbon fiber trim. I drove an 18 SC Dynamic and the 16 SVR back to back and it was the SVR hands down for me. I have other performance cars, so maybe that’s what swayed me. However, the 18 infotainment system blows the 16 away, but that kind of “stuff” doesn’t matter that much to me. I’m sure you’ll love either choice! And $82,500 is a smokin deal on that SVR!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
It depends what you want to do with it, my friend. I decided to get the V8 Dynamic and not the SVR. The reason is that I put BFGoodrich T/A KO2s on my RRS. I tend to take it off road and those tires were better for me. Putting those tires on an SVR would take away from the SVR.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
If it's the daily driver, I'd get the SCV8.
If the weekend car, I'd get the SVR.

personal preference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your opinions everyone. It had really helped me make my decision, which is the 2018 Fuji SC Dynamic! The SVR sold a days ago so that was an obviously great deal. O Well!

I was able to get $2500 off MSRP on a 93,180 car MSRP car. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Hoping to finalize everything Monday and pick her up on Thursday!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congrats. I am sure you will be happy - the electronics are a lot of fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts