RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through the owner's manual for the '18 HSE in preparation for my delivery. I don't see any provision for storing sunglasses, like what is on my current '15 HSE. Does anyone know if the in-door armrest storage has been deleted or if there is an alternative place to store sunglasses (with soft lining)?

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
The armrest compartment that was on the '13-'17 model years that closed behind the wood is no longer a storage compartment on the L405 for '18. I confirmed this with LRNA. The center armrest console storage has a rubber lined upper shallow storage above the lower bin. There is also storage accessible by sliding the center cup holders toward the dash, of course you would need to be sure the cup holders are free of drinks to access the below storage. If I get an '18, I decided to keep my sunglasses in their case in the lower door storage and then clip them to my shirt / neck during drives when they may come on and off frequently with changing light conditions.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
970 Posts
The armrest compartment that was on the '13-'17 model years that closed behind the wood is no longer a storage compartment on the L405 for '18. I confirmed this with LRNA.
This was all confirmed when they released the MY18 owner's manuals a few weeks ago. I was hoping ASGIBM would clarify his post as to which compartment he meant.

The new center console design can best be seen in a car listed here:

https://www.skylineluxuryinc.com/vehicle-details/used-2018-land-rover-range-rover-hse-northbrook-il-id-22327659

·
Registered
101 Posts
This was all confirmed when they released the MY18 owner's manuals a few weeks ago. I was hoping ASGIBM would clarify his post as to which compartment he meant.

The new center console design can best be seen in a car listed here:

https://www.skylineluxuryinc.com/vehicle-details/used-2018-land-rover-range-rover-hse-northbrook-il-id-22327659
Thank you for the link; it has some great detailed photos. Unfortunately I think ASGIBM is referring to the mid-level door pocket at the door armrest, which is no longer a storage compartment for '18.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one I was referring to was the one that folded out from the door armrest. It's a shame they eliminated this. I used my constantly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is an unfortunate regression in functionality, though interestingly they introduced the door compartment to the MY2018 L494 on the ATB/SVR models. I wonder if they have made it an ATB/SV exclusive feature for MY2018 L405?

I bought two of the below on Amazon, pulled out the center divider, lined it with thin sticky-backed soft felt (optical blackout felt), and stuck one to each side of the footwell areas by the center console. Great storage option for phones, glasses, wallet, etc. And if you have a Black/Black/Black interior it actually matches quite nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C33ANJ4

(the reviews are correct, and you will need to also get some 3M sticky tape as the tape included is useless)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts