RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 RRS HSE and intermittently hearing a very high pitched whistling noise coming from what seems like the AC vents. Toggling the AC doesnt make it stop. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep - I had the same thing. Its the air ionizer. Turn it off in the climate control settings and it'll go away after a vehicle re-start. Took the dealer 3 days to narrow that down though!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
Yep - I had the same thing. Its the air ionizer. Turn it off in the climate control settings and it'll go away after a vehicle re-start. Took the dealer 3 days to narrow that down though!
Wow that’s good to know. So is the ionizer useless then or do they plan to fix it somehow?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Wow that’s good to know. So is the ionizer useless then or do they plan to fix it somehow?
I have a similar noise on a 2018 but didn't option the ionizer. Did turning off the ionizer work for you or is the noise still there? It seems to go away for me when I reduce the fan speed down to 2, so I'm pretty sure it's AC related. Doesn't happen all the time and it's pretty faint, but annoying when it's there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 RRS HSE and intermittently hearing a very high pitched whistling noise coming from what seems like the AC vents. Toggling the AC doesnt make it stop. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when it was 100 degrees out. I figured it was an additional fan to cool things down - I don't think I have the ionizer in mine.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
20 Posts
I have the same issue with 2018 RR Vouge SE. I took it to the dealer and he told me it is normal fan sound so they didn't fix it.
It is really annoying, so I just reduce the fan speed to 2 so I don't have to hear it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts