RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get either of these working. On Wifi, I can connect to my home system, but get "unable to load web pages errors" every time. I also cannot get the At&T site to register my car for a data plan, keeps kicking me out. On the Wifi though, any thoughts on why it won't load web pages at all? Under "software" for the Vehicle Connectivity System" it is blank and when I hit "software update" it just spins forever. Any help appreciated. Intouch is set up and working fine--remote start, etc. Cannot get "LR
Route" app to connect though.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
17 Posts
I had to take our RR to an AT&T store to get this sorted out. I had the SIM/ICCID number with me and took the card itself into the store. Once they got it running, it's been flawless since.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I never could get the AT&T Sim working despite multiple calls with the dealer, AT&T and corporate. I ended up buying a prepaid Freedompop SIM and it worked perfectly. That being said, it seems to blow through data very quickliy despite the fact that the only data service I use is traffic for the built-in nav (i have the map configured to always be on my instrucment cluster).

I think I may have the same issue with WiFi -- I do remember it not working like how you described. But, a software update may have cured it-- its been a while since i've tried it. If not, I remember reading that a software update to the telematics unit may also be required. I'll try and rememeber to test it later.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
17 Posts
IIRC, the more detailed satellite views for the builtin nav is very data intensive. I disabled it. My wife only uses CarPlay (Waze and Pandora mostly) and rarely goes over a couple gigs per month.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover sport autobiography
32 Posts
IIRC, the more detailed satellite views for the builtin nav is very data intensive. I disabled it. My wife only uses CarPlay (Waze and Pandora mostly) and rarely goes over a couple gigs per month.
Takes forever to download the satellite views!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah I disabled those as well. Even so, it burns through almost 1GB in about 15-20 days-- and likely that's just due to the maps showing the real time traffic data. We mosty used Carplay for nav as well, but sometimes it's nice just have the map and traffic info in the cluster for referance.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
17 Posts
One more tip ... it helps to activate Low Data Mode on your iPhone for the Range Rover's WiFi network. The tells the phone to avoid using the network for background tasks like syncing photos. Instructions at this link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never could get the AT&T Sim working despite multiple calls with the dealer, AT&T and corporate. I ended up buying a prepaid Freedompop SIM and it worked perfectly. That being said, it seems to blow through data very quickliy despite the fact that the only data service I use is traffic for the built-in nav (i have the map configured to always be on my instrucment cluster).

I think I may have the same issue with WiFi -- I do remember it not working like how you described. But, a software update may have cured it-- its been a while since i've tried it. If not, I remember reading that a software update to the telematics unit may also be required. I'll try and rememeber to test it later.
Thanks much for the conformation.
One more tip ... it helps to activate Low Data Mode on your iPhone for the Range Rover's WiFi network. The tells the phone to avoid using the network for background tasks like syncing photos. Instructions at this link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, really appreciate it. Spent several hours with AT&T who advised of a technical glitch for Land Rover connected vehicles which prevented my SIM card (or any for that matter) from registering. They say they've got it licked. I'll test it today. Also, will take it in to the dealer to see why I can't connect to home wifi. Will let you know what they advise. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I think he was referring to using the an external wifi network to provide a data connection to the car (such as tethering with your phone or home wifi as opposed to using the car's wifi hotspot to provide a data connection to mobile devices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts