RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something to water your mouths with while we’re all waiting for our cars.
It’s a good quality video.

https://youtu.be/xCQrcvnypYE

Something I noticed was some of the seating materials are suede? Like the side bolsters almost? Couldn’t really tell from the promotional pictures. You can see it at around the 3:00 mark.

Wasn’t expecting that and I’m not gonna lie, don’t love it.

It’s looking Uber nice. The CF hood is actually quite nice, although not $10,000.00 option nice.

Anyone else see anything that was new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good video! The vehicle is even better in person (saw it at the LA auto show)!! It single-handedly opened my eyes to what I was missing being such a hard core Jeep fan and is also the reason I am now the proud owner of a 2016 Range Rover Sport.

What I noticed about the new screens (which I love) is that it takes a couple more button presses to get to things that are more easily accessible on the older versions (climate control, seat heating/cooling, off road settings etc). I also would add that I really wish settings would be retained after the vehicle was turned off. I do not like having to press and turn off the auto start/stop functionality every time I start the vehicle or turning on the parking sensors when pulling in forward to a space. I am not a fan of the carbon fiber on the interior pieces but do like it on the exterior. That is a personal preference that carries across all makes and models for me. Carbon fiber on the interior just feels cheap to me, cant explain why. I do like that the steering wheel control light up and illuminate. The build quality, materials and overall presence of these are spectacular. I cant wait to get a 2018 used in a couple years :)

A few changes are also noticeable, the head lights, tail lights, exhaust, front and rear diffusers are all a little different. I like the improvements. I cant wait to start seeing this out on the road and on dealer lots!!

As a side note, it would be nice to see some of the functionality that Grand Cherokees have for half the cost as standard (lane departure, parking assist, adaptive cruise control etc). I realize this probably wont happen for quite a while and many other things far exceed and make up for this but it would be nice. The improvements to the infotainment system for 2018 are very impressive!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed on the interior carbon fiber trim, which is why I went with the black veneer instead for my 2018 SVR. And the black veneer looks awesome in the center console since the touchscreens are black. So when the screens are off it's a continuous strip of gloss black. That's how it looks in my Velar First Edition and it's nice. I did however go for the exterior carbon fiber package and the exposed carbon hood.

Regarding the InControl Touch system -- you get used to it pretty quickly and I find it very easy to turn things on and off as needed. But it does take some time and I've had the Velar since September. I think there was some reason LR was forced to make the user press the start/stop function button each time. To preserve some fuel efficiency rating or something like that. Obviously they could make it remember the setting if they wanted to. Agreed about the parking and other settings though.

I personally love the light oyster seats in my Velar and the build quality of everything is top notch. I expect the SVR to be on par or better as far as fit and finish go. I saw a video of an 18 HSE Sport about to be delivered to a customer and the leather seats had wrinkles and bulges. In my opinion unacceptable for a new vehicle like this. My Velar is flawless so maybe it's just a fluke on this customers car. I sure hope the SVR seats are perfect.

Good video! The vehicle is even better in person (saw it at the LA auto show)!! It single-handedly opened my eyes to what I was missing being such a hard core Jeep fan and is also the reason I am now the proud owner of a 2016 Range Rover Sport.

What I noticed about the new screens (which I love) is that it takes a couple more button presses to get to things that are more easily accessible on the older versions (climate control, seat heating/cooling, off road settings etc). I also would add that I really wish settings would be retained after the vehicle was turned off. I do not like having to press and turn off the auto start/stop functionality every time I start the vehicle or turning on the parking sensors when pulling in forward to a space. I am not a fan of the carbon fiber on the interior pieces but do like it on the exterior. That is a personal preference that carries across all makes and models for me. Carbon fiber on the interior just feels cheap to me, cant explain why. I do like that the steering wheel control light up and illuminate. The build quality, materials and overall presence of these are spectacular. I cant wait to get a 2018 used in a couple years :)

A few changes are also noticeable, the head lights, tail lights, exhaust, front and rear diffusers are all a little different. I like the improvements. I cant wait to start seeing this out on the road and on dealer lots!!

As a side note, it would be nice to see some of the functionality that Grand Cherokees have for half the cost as standard (lane departure, parking assist, adaptive cruise control etc). I realize this probably wont happen for quite a while and many other things far exceed and make up for this but it would be nice. The improvements to the infotainment system for 2018 are very impressive!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just watched the video and what I was hoping to be true was confirmed when he showed the info sheet, the color is Velocity Blue! Ive ordered this color and have been wondering if the SVRs Ive seen images of were Velocity, or just Estoril with different lighting. Definitely excited for the color... Im very glad it was an option for the supercharged, as the previous SVR color (Estoril) was an SVR exclusive. If the oyster seats weren't an SVR exclusive Id have been able to have the perfect car... well... the SVR is the perfect car, Im just not ready to spend another 40K. haha. Now just hoping that the USA gets the animated signal lights. My build date just passed, so hopefully Ill be able to get a VIN and watch eagerly the shipping website... thanks for sharing the video!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Good catch!
I just assumed it was Estoril Blue?
Good call on the Velocity Blue. It looks stunning!
Also good call on non SVR. Def a better value proposition. I would have stuck with the V8 dynamic, 3 kids and practically doesn’t make sense to get a sports car too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts