RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new upcoming Velar and F Pace SVR models will both be faster than the 2018 RRS SVR(0-60 4.1 vs 4.3 sec.). Surely the 2019 RRS SVR will be given upgrades to recapture it’s flagship throne as the fastest Land Rover?

·
Registered
102 Posts
There was an article out today on how they are retooling the SVR - working to make it lighter using carbon parts and potentially removing the rear bench seats to increase speed. So, the other model’s first place positioning may be short-lived.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
The Fpace is a much much smaller truck.
They would have to take out a ford fiestas worth of weight! Lol

I like the interior of the SVR fpace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was an article out today on how they are retooling the SVR - working to make it lighter using carbon parts and potentially removing the rear bench seats to increase speed. So, the other model’s first place positioning may be short-lived.
Yeah I read that too but extreme measures like taking out the rear seats makes the vehicle too niche.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah I read that too but extreme measures like taking out the rear seats makes the vehicle too niche.
I agree. I'm sure they will keep rear seats in and make their removal an option for those that like a lot of speed and a loud SVR exhaust. Allows them to potentially keep the speed title even though that version of the SVR will likely see limited demand.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
They should just put in a bigger engine...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Doesn't matter to me. I'd still take a Sport SVR any day of the week. 0.2 seconds to 60 isn't much. And to me it's about the sum of the parts and the Sport has the right balance of interior space, ride height, comfortable when you want and aggressive when you want that too. I'm in a Velar FE right now (6 months old) until my Sport SVR arrives and while it's a great vehicle it's way to "car like" for me so I wouldn't want an SVR version of this. It will be nimble and fun as hell but just too small for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts