Range Rovers Forum banner

2018 RRS SE or 2017 RRS HSE

Tags
2017 2018 hse rrs
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bede 
#1 ·
Greetings all. First time poster here. So I am currently shopping for a new RRS. My budget is in the 73,000 range. Dealers seem to being willing to drop 4-5k off 2017s, so I can get an HSE that's fairly well equipped in that range. For the 2018 refresh, it puts me in SE territory. Anyone have any thoughts on which direction to go. I like the tech in the 2018 more (and the exhaust), but don't know if that's worth dropping to SE? Similarly priced HSE's are also more optioned out (driver package, heated seats, upgraded sound, etc)....Also, I'm really liking the sliding panoramic roof, which is not available in the SE. Thoughts?

#2 ·
I was in a similar boat deciding whether or not their was enough difference between 17's/18's. I figured I would just find one of the remaining 17's on the lot that was close or at spec I wanted. When I talked to my dealer he had just got an 18 in and said you need to look at it first as he felt it was a pretty worthy upgrade. After looking at both, I ultimately decided to go with the 18 which is scheduled to arrive towards the end of the month. I found one that was currently being built in his inventory.
For me the technology piece was just too much not to get, just loved the way it looked and how simplest it was to use. I am willing to deal with any teething problems being it is such an upgrade in my opinion. My Build is Corris Grey/ Espresso/Espresso/Almond HSE with Vison Assist/Meridian 825/Heated-cooled seats/sliding Pano Roof/and Shad Zebrano trim. Good Luck with our decision, I am sure yo will be happy either way

#4 ·
I too had a choice (‘17 vs ‘18), and agree with britus. Just couldn’t go with anything less than the most recent iteration / technology. Yes ... there is a price break on the ‘17 but not significant enough to push me to settle. Already spending in the “price range” ... might as well get the most from the purchase!

#5 ·
Another thing is there’s a $3,000 rebate on V6 RRS in 2017 that expires on 4/2/18. I imagine after that date the rebate will increase so if you are a betting person wait until after that date and see how deep the discounts will go.

The sport redesign is really nice so not only tech but appearance changes too. I would get the 2018 in this decision unless you can get 8-10k off sticker on the 2017.

#6 ·
I was also on a similar boat. but my decision is easier to make, not just the offer from dealer of a 17 stock is greater than 10K, also I found the 17 wasn't too bad
Correct me if I'm wrong, the tech on a 17 model already has an upgrade, both central panel software and hardware were upgraded , also the TFT dashboard was upgraded e.g. viewing the map from your dashboard which the pre 17 model can't do

The only thing that lack of was the 2nd screen, I do not find it very important , given all the major function was done at the central panel.
I like the 18 front and rear lights, but some thread said it could just facelift like plug and play for rear lights, and I hope the front can also be done in a short future.
the difference of SE and HSE not only the sliding roof or some exterior, i guess the leather were different too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.