RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am first time RRS owners and coming on 12 months of ownership of a 2018 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic. Our local dealership has listed the following for service:

Oil, Cabin & Air Filter Changes - $420
Tire Balance - $150
Tire Alignment - $180
Fuel Induction - $285

Totals just over $1000. Seems like quite a lot and not sure if its all needed nor if the prices are fair.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
Inquire about the maintanence package from the dealer through LR. The 4 year 64000 mile was $1850. You can purchase it up to the time your first service is due.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. When I looked at the package, it seemed to only cover oil changes. Tire Balance, Alignment, Fuel Induction, etc. were all extra charges that would be on top of the "pre-paid" package. Consequently, it didn't see the benefit or savings that would be gained.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
I am first time RRS owners and coming on 12 months of ownership of a 2018 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic. Our local dealership has listed the following for service:

Oil, Cabin & Air Filter Changes - $420
Tire Balance - $150
Tire Alignment - $180
Fuel Induction - $285

Totals just over $1000. Seems like quite a lot and not sure if its all needed nor if the prices are fair.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
You don't need tire balancing unless you lost a weight or feel a shimmy and you dont need an alignment unless you hit a curb hard or something else that causes your vehicle to drift to one side. Forget fuel induction. None of these things are on the scheduled maintenance outline from Land Rover. Oil change and filter is what should be done. I would suggest you buy a pollen filter from parts and install it yourself it take all of 3 minutes you set ac to on fan speed 1 and set recirculate on push side clips on glove box and drop down you will see the pollen filter reach in lift out and replace.

Dealer is just trying to add on they probably would not even touch the alignment or tires if you paid for the service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts