RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm loving my 2018 RRS Dynamic, but have one issue that seems odd, with wind noise on the highway. This is my 3rd Rover and typically have not experienced this in that in the past. Here are the details:

I purchased my rover from a dealer in Chicago as they had the combo I've been craving. The vehicle arrived and all has been great in it's first 90 miles. However, when I'm at speeds above 50mph on the highway, I note a lot of wind noise from the upper windscreen area. Whistling almost like there"s a major storm outside. This only happens when the vehicle is completely sealed, windows up. When I open the sun roof panel slightly or crack a window slightly the noise goes away. When I seal everything my ears can feel it.

So here's my questions:

1) Is it possible the vehicle has a valve inside that was not opened after shipping arrival? I know one of my other cars has a vent like this.

2) Is it possible there's a weather stripping or something missing at the top of the windscreen?

Love to hear anyones thoughts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You probably have the same issue I had but at the lower spectrum of highway speeds. Have a read of my thread which solved my issue.

There is a TSB to replace the adhesive on the trim between wind screen and your panosunroof
LTB00610NAS3 - Wind Noise at High Vehicle Speeds.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=259825

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'll look into it. Oddly enough, today while driving at 60-70 mph it was completely fine. I'm thinking there's a vent than when closed it causes wind noise... My AC on and normal op today and all was quiet. I'll keep you updated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts