RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks,

A three year lease with 10,000 miles a year and nothing down except 1st month plus title/plates (credit is top tier). MSRP is 110K. What would be a good monthly lease payment?

I appreciate any help in advance.

ABWAP

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
an SWB autobiography is about $142k, a long wheel base one is about $147k before options. If they're offering you at $110k MSRP just buy it cash and sell it the next day.

edit: ignore me but take this to the right forum. this is the full size area.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Geez, apologies. didn;t even notice it was the wrong forum, moved

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pretty sure this is the RR Sport forum so your question is valid. I don’t have an answer but I’m curious as well. I’ve got an SVR on order and will be leasing. How accurate are the payment calculators on the Land Rover website?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pretty sure this is the RR Sport forum so your question is valid. I don’t have an answer but I’m curious as well. I’ve got an SVR on order and will be leasing. How accurate are the payment calculators on the Land Rover website?
I’d love to know as well. I speced out a 2018 dynamic and payments on a lease with my setup and down payment and payments came to $890 a month. When I mention that at a dealership they laugh and say it’ll be more like $1300/month. Could it be THAT inaccurate?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’d love to know as well. I speced out a 2018 dynamic and payments on a lease with my setup and down payment and payments came to $890 a month. When I mention that at a dealership they laugh and say it’ll be more like $1300/month. Could it be THAT inaccurate?
Never leased before so this might be a dumb question but, if you both spec'd/order from the dealer shouldn't you already know what the payment will be??? Seems strange that you would order a new vehicle but wouldn't know the payment... or at least a ballpark of +/- Couldn't you just call them and ask? You should know what the cost of the car is???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Of course I have a ballpark. Just looking for real world feedback. And when you order, you don’t do any of the financing paperwork until you pick the car up. Anything the dealer will tell me is simply a “ballpark” figure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Leasing through JLR is not advisable. Because JLR uses Chase as their financial bank, rather than their own in-house, the rates are seriously crazy. I looked into leasing an RRS Dynamic (2016) and the monthly payment was like $1800/mo if I recall. My BMW 650 was cheaper and I stayed with that. The explanation I got was that even though the residual on the Range Rover Sports are very good after 3 years, they cannot compete with the larger manufactures that have their own in-house bank, such as Mercedes or BMW. So be prepared for a bit of a shock when comparing it to other similarly priced vehicles.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Back when I leased a 2002 RR, I got a competitive lease deal. I assume this was because the new L322 was just around the corner. Ever since then, I have purchased land rovers because the leases they offer are just not competitive. If you must lease for business reasons, you’re better off with the Germans.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 17 RRS Autobiography and I paid about 106k. I got a few bucks off for a reason that’s not important to the thread.

My lease payment was 2016. After adding wheel and tire protection along with the paint and windshield/ding protection, they wanted nearly 2k.

I was able to negotiate just slightly. I pay a total of $1,799 per month.

I too was told that the residual value will be exceptional for me. And based on research it seems I could buy it out at the end of the lease and if I sell it properly, I’ll likely make near to 15k. However, I’ll not be selling. I’ll be buying an extended warranty and drive her until I can’t.

I was also given the lime about bad leases based on LR being unable to compete with bigger houses that have their own banks.

But...I debated a GLS 550 and the total MSRP was similar. And the lease payments were nearly identical.

So this should give you a good real world idea. Enjoy it. I absolutely love mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts