RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all, my 2018 RR having several minor issues but this issue suddenly happen today and I was very frustrated with only 40~50miles range left...

I tried to pump diesel and open cover and twist cap, tried to put nozzle into tank but the metal layer inside of tank hole is not open up.. I tried multiple times, tried other pumpt after driver around, still have this issue. I called dealer and ask me if I put diesel instead of gasoline, of course it was diesel, it was same gas station i went multiple times and I had 5 more diesel vehicles before this range rover. Delaer ask me to try other gas station, i tried another one, still not working, but tried one more gas station and i was able to put nozzel into gas. It seems like there are some issue with gas tank pressure, dealer stated that after long-distance trit, diesel could vaporize and this could happen, but it was not long distance trip (was like 13 miles grocery shopping) and I have not experienced this with all my previous diesel vehicles. I was wondering if anybody experienced same issue..

I also want to share some other issues I have with 2018 MY...

1.Gas tank issue as I stated above..(I took video, but cannot upload directly from my PC)
2. Floor mat fit is not perfect, I found other thread that floor mat was for MY 17 or older, I request replace to new floor mat.
3. Sim-card reader constantly do not recognize sim-card, and I cannot take sim-card out with nail, I need to use credit card to make deep push, and use nail to take sim-card out, happened 4-5 times already for last two months.
4. There was one time I cannot change gear to R or P from D. I was tried to pay for parking ticker at pay station, I passed station by a foot and tried to reverse to pay parking but I cannot turn gear wheel to R or P, I can only select D or S(sport), so I ended up call attendant to assist me pay parking... it did not happen after that, but could be big problem if it happen later in certain situation...(Let's say I was stuck at rail road crossing, and cannot reverse..)
5. Adaptive Cruise control often have error message, and show sign Driver intervention, and taking a emergency break.
6. In the raining, I see my passenger side head light is keep blinking (or could be change angle around) , I have vision package which seems like some issue with automatic high beam assistant.
7. Cannot log on to navigation, although I checked my credential on the app... two different individual credentials?

If anyone having same issues or resolved already, can discuss about it.. Still very hard to believe these things all happened on $100k+ brand new vehicles (And there are issues I fixed with multiple visit to dealer, such as back up camera, no response to screen, trunk malfunction)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2016 diesel and the exact same thing happened to me last week for the first time with the fuel cover- could not get metal lid to open when I put gas nozzle in -as my daughter laughed at me that I didn't know how to fill the car up with gas- fortunately had enough gas to get home and then later that day went to another station and it was fine and hasn't happened again- very strange

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello, all, my 2018 RR having several minor issues but this issue suddenly happen today and I was very frustrated with only 40~50miles range left...

I tried to pump diesel and open cover and twist cap, tried to put nozzle into tank but the metal layer inside of tank hole is not open up.. I tried multiple times, tried other pumpt after driver around, still have this issue. I called dealer and ask me if I put diesel instead of gasoline, of course it was diesel, it was same gas station i went multiple times and I had 5 more diesel vehicles before this range rover. Delaer ask me to try other gas station, i tried another one, still not working, but tried one more gas station and i was able to put nozzel into gas. It seems like there are some issue with gas tank pressure, dealer stated that after long-distance trit, diesel could vaporize and this could happen, but it was not long distance trip (was like 13 miles grocery shopping) and I have not experienced this with all my previous diesel vehicles. I was wondering if anybody experienced same issue..

I also want to share some other issues I have with 2018 MY...

1.Gas tank issue as I stated above..(I took video, but cannot upload directly from my PC)
2. Floor mat fit is not perfect, I found other thread that floor mat was for MY 17 or older, I request replace to new floor mat.
3. Sim-card reader constantly do not recognize sim-card, and I cannot take sim-card out with nail, I need to use credit card to make deep push, and use nail to take sim-card out, happened 4-5 times already for last two months.
4. There was one time I cannot change gear to R or P from D. I was tried to pay for parking ticker at pay station, I passed station by a foot and tried to reverse to pay parking but I cannot turn gear wheel to R or P, I can only select D or S(sport), so I ended up call attendant to assist me pay parking... it did not happen after that, but could be big problem if it happen later in certain situation...(Let's say I was stuck at rail road crossing, and cannot reverse..)
5. Adaptive Cruise control often have error message, and show sign Driver intervention, and taking a emergency break.
6. In the raining, I see my passenger side head light is keep blinking (or could be change angle around) , I have vision package which seems like some issue with automatic high beam assistant.
7. Cannot log on to navigation, although I checked my credential on the app... two different individual credentials?

If anyone having same issues or resolved already, can discuss about it.. Still very hard to believe these things all happened on $100k+ brand new vehicles (And there are issues I fixed with multiple visit to dealer, such as back up camera, no response to screen, trunk malfunction)
With the fuel filler, if you find yourself at a station with the incorrect diesel nozzle size, there is a white funnel adapter in the spare tire well. This is not an issue with the vehicle, but a problem with the service station failing to update their auto diesel pumps to the correct equipment. Adapter also works for the large semi filler nozzle size as well just in case.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Fuel issue has happened to me twice in 2 yrs but it is frustrating when it happens.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Old thread but a station near me had gasoline nozzles on the diesel dispenser. Couldn't fill up there that day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts