Ivory leather headliner
24 way massage seats - Executive class rear seats
Delete leather / wood heated steering
Delete heated windshield
Activity Key
Cabin air ionization
Domestic plug socket

Delivery - March

Anything different I should have done ? What do you guys think about black contrast roof or should I go with body colored with Byron Blue ? Suggestions/ comments welcome

#3 ·
Congratulations on your order. Have you seen the satin straight walnut wood? I have not and my dealer does not have samples yet. What are your thoughts for deleting the heated windshield? Regarding cabin air ionization, I think it sounds great to clean the air, however I have ionization on two home air filtration systems and I noticed at both homes that after a few weeks you will have an increased film build up on leather, glass and metal surfaces. I stopped using the ionization because of the film, but I know you are able to turn the ionization on and off in the RR; just a heads up to watch for the film build up.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks !No..just went with satin walnut wood purely based on the looks...lol. This is my first Range Rover after waiting for 1 year for the facelift without any test drive. I don't even know how the hell it drives compared to BMW X5 and X5M , I have been driving for 10 years. I just wanted to try a Range Rover and see what the hype is all about so went with ATB :)
As far as heated windshield, I read on the forums to avoid it because you see the thin wires which could be nuisance, so I took the safer route :). I also deleted the leather wood steering wheel as it gives a Lexus or old guy feeling..lol plus if you want a heated/wood steering, grand black veneer is the only option.

#9 ·
I am in an x5m right now, and I miss the range rover. They are completely different, I am not a fan of the rough ride in the X5M. I just came out of an alpina b6 which felt so much smoother to me. Maybe I am just getting old.

You are going to miss the BMW technology, not because there is more of it, but because it is implemented much better on the German cars. As much as I tried not to go back to range rover, I am going in tomorrow to place my order. I have a real love/hate relationship with the brand, but there is still nothing that can compete with the full size range rover form factor.

#5 ·
Wow, first Range without a test drive! The full size dissolves bumps more smoothly than an X5, but it also leans more in corners. It will be fun to hear your first impressions; I think you will be very pleased. I have a heated windshield on my 13 year old L322. There are tiny little wires if you look very closely, but they disappear. If snow or frost is not an issue for you, then you may not miss it. Your steering wheel will still be heated without the wood :).

#15 ·
That's a tough decision. It's likely very nice both ways. I generally tend to like the black contrast roof and would likely go that route. I ordered my 2018 Silicon Silver with the black contrast roof and my 2016 Indus Silver had it too.

#14 ·
This might be a region-based option. On a Mercedes E-wagon that we use for service, we were able to version code and add auto hold (SBC Hold as Mercedes calls it). Yet, as normally configured for the US market, it wasn't available.

#24 ·
I like the L405 with the classic floating roof look, so I vote body colored.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
It was a downward spiral. At first my build was racing green with vintage tan, then thought it was crazy that I was getting the ATB only for the vintage tan, then noticed I really only wanted racing green because I thought it looked great with vintage tan. So I ended up with a non ATB long wheelbase in Carpathian grey, black interior, with the satin wood.

#30 ·
I’d recommend not having contrast roof. Suits more RRS but depends on the color as well.

Good that you deleted heated windshield, I did the same on my ‘17 ATB and couldn’t be happier. Why did you delete the leather/wood heated steering?

#31 ·
Changed my order to non ATB Supercharged.
Went over all the paint samples today morning and it was a close call between Byron Blue, Windward Grey and Flux Grey. If I wanted more light grey, I would have gone with Flux as that is really amazing. But , I like the similarities between Byron Blue and Windward Grey , BB was light blue and grey from some angles under different lighting , WG had more blues and light grey, really amazing and popped.

Decided to go with Windward Grey / body colored roof , Ivory / Navy with Ivory seats., Satin wood trim etc....still saved $19K over ATB. I think I can live without Meridian 1700 watts sound system and more upgraded leather :)

#36 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am also considering Carpathian. I am currently leaning toward the satin trim. My thoughts are that the black window trim will provide contrast to the grey and the satin accent graphics will provide a mono chromatic subtle pop. The trim on the tailgate is Atlas, which I think will be a welcome contrast and will accentuate the narrowing of the tail. On the darker colors the Atlas vertical graphics may become too contrasting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.