RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea when the 2018 model year will start production? Is it normally July/August or is it later in the year ? I'm looking for something in September and didn't know if I would be getting a 2017 or 2018.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts
Correct. It happens when it happens. Usually the car magazines start posting "spy photos" that really don;t show us anything new. There's a few rumours. Then 4-6 weeks later some kind of press release happens. With some late releases over the past few years it's way to early to even be concerned about 2018. There have been no major changes mentioned and certainly no body as a couple folks have suggested.

·
Registered
351 Posts
the L405 was due for a facelift in 2017 based on pure speculation and watching how they did the facelift on the Evoque (2012 introduction with 2016 being facelifted). The L405 had a 2013 model year introduction so I figured 2017 would be a facelift (following the Evoque's timeline). However, it obviously didn't happen, so its just a guessing game now but I would wager that we will see a minor facelift for the 2018 model.

·
Registered
700 Posts
2018 Range Rover Facelift Spy Shots

Looks like the L405 will be getting the same climate/stereo controls as the Velar. The buttons on the lower dash are making way for a second touchscreen.

Looks like LED headlamps as well.

IMG_0090.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg

·
Registered
463 Posts
If those are the only real changes I am fine that I just took delivery of a '17 with the new info screen...

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Re: 2018 Range Rover Facelift Spy Shots

If those are the only real changes I am fine that I just took delivery of a '17 with the new info screen...
As am I, and I suppose other people will agree and disagree that the 2nd screen is a bit ugly.. oh well :crybaby2:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts

Most of the exterior photos are repeats. The interior shots, and great mock up, are refreshing to see. So now that we have somewhat credible rumours from a couple publications... any bets on how long until real photos come to light? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts

everybody seems to be missing the really interesting part of the article. a hybrid.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts

I didn;t miss it. That has been rumoured for ages. Remember that the hybrid platform is just a test bed at this point. It would be terrific if that it into next years line up. However I would think it shows up in another model for a test year before bringing it to the flagship 405.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts

They'd had a hybrid for several years. it isn't available any more, all of a sudden they discontinued it.
The thing in the article has the electric car signs displayed on it. That's a mandatory EU thing.

These two things combined - now I'm also curious about MY18. Not that I'd replace the V8 - but because that would be a lot of new customers.

·
Registered
389 Posts

More new tech..more complications and issues. I'd stay away from this refresh until a year or two later. Can't wait for my '17..on the boat now!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
976 Posts

More new tech..more complications and issues. I'd stay away from this refresh until a year or two later. Can't wait for my '17..on the boat now!
Well said by someone who is currently waiting for actual (and literally) shipping first MY new tech :)

·
Registered
389 Posts

Come on it's just the NAV and Instrument cluster ;)

It's not a Range Rover if you don't have issues, just how high the probability is and how bad ..

·
Registered
15 Posts

I have, from land rover, an LR4 and new 17' Range rover with the updated dash. Having been in a lot of luxury cars I am getting weary of the emphasis on in dash tech. If there was an option to have a simple updated radio/bluetooth I would've opted for that option then the overabundance of the in-dash controls. I wouldn't even consider nav anymore, as I have my mobile, but it seems all new cars come factory and charge a premium for the tech.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

blacklightus: I think JLR and many other Manufacturers have realized "upgrading" Dash Tech is the easiest way to date our Vehicles and keep many on the Hedonic Treadmill. I'm already on it and don't need any further encouragement. Haha!!

It's got to the point now where it's just as dangerous as Texting and Driving. I don't touch mine when I'm driving.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
I remember when jeremy clarkson said that the L322 dash was made so that you can adjust and fiddle the radio and HVAC with a gloved hand. I don't know if it's still true? Does the touchscreen work even with winter gloves on? I prefer touchscreen as well as hard buttons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts