RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to install facelift 2018 rear lights in my 2014 Range Rover Sport but i had a problem with the indicators. Other lights works very good

When i install one facelift light and i keep one original previous light, the indicators and everything work perfect
Once, i install them both, indicators work good but stop working after 5 Minutes. Other lights keep working. In the dashboard, it run fast like it is faulty
When i install back the previous lights, the indicators don't come back imediatly but only after 10 minutes. It seems like the car detect a fault and stop working. But with only one installed it work perfect

Excuse my bad english, i'm not english speaker

I put a video to show you the problem

Thank you

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Did you assume these would be plug and play or did you actually research the LCM outputs for your rig and the 2018's? As many folks have found out over the years, just because something is the same shape does not mean it is wired the same.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It's acting almost as it would if you had burnt out a fuse. My guess is there is a different voltage or Amperage required and its getting an unexpected signal so it doesn't know what to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to the maunal, "The lighting circuits are not all protected by conventional fuses as some are protected by Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs). "Operation of the lamps is performed using Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs). The MOSFETs can detect overload, load interruption with the lamps switched on and short circuit to positive with the lamps switched off." My bet is that the LEDs in the new lamp are pulling more current than the original ones. The CJB is just attempting to keep it's magic smoke from coming out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, thank you for your answers
no, i don't know what to do. I put back the old ones and after 10 minutes indicators works again.
No one want to do the modification for me.
I try them again yesterday, it work very good when i plug in and after few minutes one indicator stop working. When i put hazard warning lights both indicators stop working

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Then put your original lights back on so you are road worthy. Stick the others on the shelf until you have properly researched this "upgrade". Obviously it not an easy plug and play swap that you apparently assumed it would be. You are the first on this site to attempt this as far as I know. If anyone else has tried they haven't said anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mah! Same guy post in two diff forum with diff name and location the same video...

I bought the new update led lights from Euroactive, I soon I have a chance to fit them I will let you know.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The idea of a forum is to report WITH the solution. Care to share an explanation of your solution?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello, yes of course but i don't speak very good english.
I will post a tutorial it's better with all explanations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed yesterday, plug & play!!

The look terrific!!

Just a side note, with the "old" camera the reverse light are totally a joke, I hope that 2018 have a much better camera.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will post them tomorrow.

Yes, correct. You have almost zero visibility when reversing, much better to use the old way: looks at your mirrors!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts