RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have recommendations for replacement front & rear wiper blades for 2018 Range Rover Sport?

It looks like the driver's side is a 24" blade and the passenger is a 20" blade.

OEM?
Bosch?
PIAA?
Rain-X?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 L405
118 Posts
I've used Bosch blades for years on various veicles.
Tried the Raiin-X brand on my one ton Ford and they're nowhere near the blade Bosch puts out.

As far as PIAA... I'm sure they make/rebrand an amazing blade, what with them being a light company and all.... /Sarcasm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kazimir. Bosch is what I'll go with. What is frustrating is trying to figure out the differences between all the various Blade Mfg lines. For example, what is difference between Bosch ICON vs. VISION vs Evolution, etc.

·
Registered
2018 L405
118 Posts
The ICON is what I've used for a long time. I replace blades on my vehicles yearly in the fall, and sometimes in the winter if I have one of those days where I am suffering from a mild case of rectal cranial immersion syndrome and use the wipers when they're frozen/snow laden and screw them up.

I thought I'd try a different brand last fall, and bought the RainX (can't remember the model, but it was the most expensive ones) and while they do OK, they're not as good as the ICONs IMHO. They're a bit noisier than the Bosch

·
Registered
407 Posts
I cannot say for the Rover but I can say for my other vehicles past and present... That the Rain-X blades are better than anything OEM I've replaced/used.

Our Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is a good indicator of Wiper Blade Function and Quality I've learned over the years simply due to one fact... A Jeep, whether vintage or new has a flat and almost a vertical design that is "hell-on" wiper blades due to having no curvature from side to side motion and that aforementioned vertical tilt that puts a lot of strain on wiper blades especially rolling at highway speeds. Essentially they make both friction and water clearance a large challenge compared to say a Rover or Jaguar SUV... I just last week replaced the OEM wiper blades on our latest Rubicon with the Rain-X blades and they work beautifully and are butter smooth. This is 100% without any sort of "Wiper-Jump" or skipping across the windshield... while also clearing both rain water, fog, and even the early morning outside windshield condensation as well. If they work this well on a design challenged windshield both in curvature and angle geometry... then I cannot help but think they will work just beautiful on our Range Rover Sports...

They were $25 each for front wipers and took longer to remove from the packaging than it too for the install. And it's true they are infused with Rain-X as well which no doubt causes less blade friction and aides with water clearance when used.

I'll be using them when it is time for our Rover for sure. Of course YMMV and use what you feel most comfortable with as being able to see when driving is paramount!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts