RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some very strange issues with my 2018 full sized Range Rover. One is it appears the phone is connected via bluetooth but no sound whatsoever when on a call... And also can't get to any of the audio sources (radio, bluetooth audio, sat. radio, etc...). Very strange... Anyone else having issues? I have tried turning the car off, setting the alarm and then de-alarming and starting the car again...

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
these can all be fixed by the dealer - updated infotainment is the solution. if you search, you'll find many people had one or more of these issues & updates fixed them.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Do you have the volume on the phone turned up?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The other night we went out for dinner with friends and I wanted to show one of them a video, it didn’t need sound, so seeing we were in a quiet restaurant I muted it.

we got in the car afterwards, and no music, so after fiddling around for a bit, including shutting the car down and re-starting, my wife said “ is the volume turned up on the phone” it wasn’t, so I turned it up and solved the problem. Of course, this might not apply to you, but just thought I would pass it along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Velar here with similar issues. Phone pairs and shows as connected but isn't active for calls. Phone is not showing as an audio source either. This is true with both the new pixel 3a phones we have and an older iphone 6. Taking it to the dealer for a system update but worried this won't fix it.

Anyone else had this issue and found a cure?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
All these issues were fixed by ICTP updates. The last entry on this thread was over a year old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey buddy, how did you fix the problem in the end? I'm curious because we are facing the same issues at the moment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same issue in my '19 HSE. Phone would ring through the car, but could never answer it or actually make calls through the car. It was particularly bad if I had CarPlay active. Over the air update solved the problem. No issues now at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts