RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my truck in early March, it was delivered July 4th week.

Key options I ordered for the 2018 Range Rover Autobiography LWB are:

• Yulong White on Pimento with White roof
  • 21” diamond turned wheels
  • Comfort Plus rear seats
  • Deployable running boards
  • Black burr ash trim
  • 110 outlets, air ionizer, activity key
  • leather headliner in black
  • 40% windshield tint, 15% side windows

Prior to delivery I had asked that they update the vehicle to the latest InControl so I could avoid a lot of the gremlins people have mentioned here. Unfortunately they rushed the PDI, and not only didn’t update the software, but neglected to add coolant. I didn’t even realize that was part of the PDI process, but I had to top it off with 1/2 gallon when I got home. It was screaming at me for the whole drive. They also left the tires at 55 PSI.

Other than that, I was immediately having issues with the software being slow, and cameras not working. In fact the salesman trying to walk me through delivery was unable to get the cameras to work at all, not even the backup camera worked.

They ultimately came and picked up the car, gave me a 2017 full size to drive, and 3 days later dropped my car back off with my roof rails installed, and the latest software. All the camera issues are fine now

Overall:

• Love the vehicle, I was worried about the white looking a bit too soccer-mom-ish for a 35 yo guy, but with the red leather, unique metallic white, and tint I think it’s looking pretty good. I was tired of the murdered out look on my all black ’14
  • Very happy with the spec. The comfort plus seats are awesome. I cant’ believe you can be this comfortable in an SUV, feels like a Sprinter.
  • Car is a LOT quieter than the previous 2 I had. Although adding roof rails dramatically increased wind noise. I’ll try and mitigate that with some silicon in the air gaps.
  • Speaking of seats, I find them far more comfortable than my ’14, or the ’17 loaner I had
  • I have some small wrinkles here and there in the seats, it’s a natural product it doesn’t bother me at all
  • The cameras are awesome now that they work. They turn on at low speed maneuvering when trying to park head first, backup is HD clear
  • Rear seat entertainment is great. The touch screens and HDMI inputs are really convenient. I’ve got a Roku streaming off the car’s WiFi and that’s super nice for long trips.
  • The leather headliner is really really cool. It’s the nicest headliner I’ve ever seen. So many cows died for my truck. I hope they turned into hamburger so not only I got to enjoy them
  • HUD is a great addition. My ’14 didn’t have this, really nice to have
  • Very happy with the 21” wheels. They don’t look as cool as 22’s, but ride dramatically better than the 22’s I had before
  • One touch power fold rear seats are really convenient
  • Activity key is nice, I throw it on when I go surfing or cycling
  • Door panels rattle a LOT when the music is above 35% volume

I can't wait for our Eastern Sierra camping trip coming up in a couple weeks to get the all terrains on and do 100+ miles of trails!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very nice truck!!!!!! Like you I also switched it up and went with the SV red/Black instead of the usual triple black lol. Leather roof is great also I went with the suede what was your reasoning with leather over suede I seen they the same price ( actually no cost option).

Don’t feel bad I’m 33 def not a soccer mom vechicle.

Only Issue is my truck been in shop 2 weeks waiting on my side step motor because my passenger step didn’t work when I picked my vechicle up. Wished they checked everything before selling you the car. At least you got a nice loaner I’m driving this weak jaguar f-pace ( def soccer mom-ish)

Few other issues also with touch pro that you stated hopefully they fixed.

Only regret is my truck came with a tow hitch which sorta makes the rear look ugly imo.... wondering if there’s any way to remove and replace with the non tow hitch pieces. Dealer acting like it’s a big deal to remove

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chi! Ya I had the triple black for a year, they're just too common. Look cool, but I wanted something more unique. If I have any regret, it MIGHT be that I didn't order an SVO color. What color did you get?

I was so impatient waiting for my car, I rushed them through PDI so I'll take part of the blame for some things being missed. I was calling my dealer every day to check on it, I drove it home hours after it got to the dealer.

For the leather headliner, I had suede on my 2014 ATB. It looks nice, but it's avail on the Supercharged and the leather isn't so I figured get something ATB specific.

I wouldn't remove the tow hitch. People go to great lengths to get that added later because they don't have it. The Rover is the best tow vehicle I've ever used, ripping it out would be a big step in the wrong direction IMO. Even if you never tow, never know when you'll buy a jetski or rent a trailer, not to mention a bike rack etc. Even then, the next owner will hate that you removed it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol I still went with Santorini Black. I wanted somthing different but I Love Black... I looked at the others like borealis and linguar but none of them is a true black so i went with the satorini again. So we may have the same regrets if anything

I see you got your pics up how did you manage

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a 3rd party site called imgur. They make it easy to post here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts