RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love the overhead camera view because it greatly simplifies parking and maneuvering in the city. However, the overhead camera view in our 2018 RR Sport SVR has a significantly offset front camera portion vs. the same view in our Mercedes and a prior Audi. We reported it in a recent service visit (to upgrade InControl and try to resolve some of the common dual-monitor intermittent problems) but the technician reported that other 2018s showed the same picture.

Do other 2018 or 2019 owners see any similar overhead camera alignment problem? Here I'm parked along the curb. Notice that the front camera view incorrectly shows the curb along the right of the car offset to the left. In reality, the curb is perfectly straight, as shown in the Mercedes overhead view. I think the front camera is misaligned, narrowing everything shown in front of the car -- Things like the right-side curb appear much more to the left whereas things on the left-side of the car appear much more to the right, i.e., the front-of-the-car image section is squished horizontally.

If your 2018/19 RR Sport overhead view is correctly aligned, I would greatly appreciate a similar picture which we can then take to our next service visit so they can more vigorously look for a fix. If everyone's overhead view is like then then we'll live with it as just another Land Rover informatics system discrepancy (I know, first world problems LOL).

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
My '18 SVR shows the same kind of distorted views. It's not just yours. And I also told my service advisor and they also said they can't fix it. And the weird thing is I had a Velar before the SVR which uses a lot of similar electronics and it was perfect. I just use the overhead image to "sort of" check my alignment within a space but the side cameras to make sure I don't curb the wheels and then sometimes the front or back to see the white spot markings.

I'll post an example photo later.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmations and link to the other post. Too bad!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
yes i have a brand new 2019 rrs hse dynamic just picked it up dec 24th and i have the same issue the image is so badly distorted that i cannot use it to line up close when parking. I have a 2019 f pace and the image is great use it all the time. The thing that gets me is the quality control issues. I pay more for a vehicle that is using basically the same cameras/electronics I should be able to assume the I would get the same result and not have to settle for less. after all i am paying for the feature it should work perfectly and if they cannot get it right they should have a disclaimer saying image may be poor and not usable. very frustrating...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts