RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those that have ordered 2018's with SVO paint, have you all gotten confirmed orders with build date, delivery date and accepted hand over dates?

anyone aware of hold ups from factory due to choosing SVO paint so that the full order details cannot be given?

tks

PS i'm being told delays in getting me the full details are due to have chosen SVO paint.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I was told the same thing. I was originally told delivery would be towards the end of January or early feb. But after changing my order to svo paint, I am being told it will be at least March maybe April.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Tks. I was asking because the 1st order confirmation with order number that I received had a build date but no delivery date or handover dates. The 2nd confirmation i received after my amendment date expiration had no build date or delivery date or planned handover date but listed the accepted handover date.

Seemed odd thats all as before I've always gotten all the dates.....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still being told no delivery dates or build dates yet for SVO paint orders. Kinda weird I think. Anyone getting anything different?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Maybe an additional data point: my order was first brought up a month, and then pushed back a week, and then again there was a minor change just this week. It's a vanilla SCV8 and I've never experienced such uncertainty around the build/delivery dates. Obviously the paint is your big unknown, but it seems like they make way too many changes even with the builds themselves.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Something to take into account is that TaTa is bringing on board new vendors as the original Ford supply line vendors reach the end of their contracts. Paint suppliers have the added hindrance of having tinting chemicals and base chemicals banned more and more these days. Thus the reason some of our favourite colours are discontinued, the formulas can no longer be produced. If TaTa was unable to secure a renewed contract with the current paint vendor for the special SVO colours then they are scrambling for a new vendor that can match colours. Due to formulation changes and different vendors colour names will most likely change.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I asked local dealer if I changed my paint to non svo if it would be much quicker. At first they said yes, but they then spoke to the factory and they told them it would only be a couple week difference.

That could mean that all builds are being delayed, but that is just a total guess.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I too thought about changing to non SVO, but am past my amend date and without being able to even get any kind of paperwork, etc. re: my approved swap for my lemon car, I didn’t even want to ask....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got an update - there's still no delivery, build date info. for orders with SVO paint. My replacement car order was placed the last week of Oct and still waiting for info. from the factory. Boo....

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
I ordered an SVR Sport with SVO paint (balmoral blue). My build date is May with a June delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts