RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to be picking up my SVR sometime in the next 7 days.

I’m wondering if some of the folks that have already picked up their MY18 Sports here in the US can give some info on what lease and/or financing options they were presented through JLR Financial (which I believe is Chase).

Or if you could share what you paid, if you chose to lease or finance, and if so provide some basic info and what your monthly payment is based on your lease/loan term, that would be very helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
LR also offers Lease deals with US Bank - I leased my 2014 and was not happy with the Lease numbers when they ran them through JLR. I was about to walk out then they said they might get a lower rate at US Bank. It was a lot lower.

I have a 2018 on order. They ran some prelim Lease numbers through JLR - they were okay. But when I go PU the car and do the Lease I will get the JLR number then insist they run the US Bank rates too.

I recently had a brief conversation with my saleswoman about US Bank and she says they are a pain to deal with. I'm sure JLR would rather have the lease. I have been dealing with US Bank recently on my Lease buyout and they have been fantastic.

So I would advise you to get the JLR numbers then insist they run the US Bank numbers.

Good Luck

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
I financed the car for 2.9 percent through Bank of America. I only paid the taxes up front and ended up financing about 115k for that rate. Was in and out in one hour.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I financed the car for 2.9 percent through Bank of America. I only paid the taxes up front and ended up financing about 115k for that rate. Was in and out in one hour.
This might be what I’m looking for right here. Looking to Finance about the same amount as you. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also if anyone knows of any banks offering 75-84 month terms and financing over $115k I’m all ears.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've financed a Range Rover Sport in the past with Allegiant credit union out of Chicago. They did an 84 month term with an amazing rate of 1.9%. Couldn't beat it even directly with JLR.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My SVR is due on Friday. I've been trying to get prelim numbers from the finance guy at my dealership since Monday. I know it's shocking, but I still have no numbers. No lease options or purchase options have even been presented to me...and I'm two days away from potentially picking the car up.

At this point I'd much rather not deal with their financing process at all, but I'm not sure who offers the best 75-84 month car loans with little down.

Also, if anyone has recently leased through JLR (Chase), please share the Money Factor that you secured. I'm curious to see if they are actually offering what has been posted to the public at edmonds.com (link above).

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any Credit Unions around you? I was able to get a loan with the length you're looking and no down payment for less than 3% from my local credit union. They even offer no payments for 100 days. I'm in a similar situation having just bought a house and financed some renovations last year. Worth a try.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My finance guy at the Austin dealership just got back to me. No numbers have been provided, but he flat out told me they do not accept outside financing. How is that even legal? So they are telling me if I walked in with a check for the car, they wouldn't take that??

·
Registered
55 Posts
That sounds like BS...I have NEVER seen nor heard of ANY dealership that will not take outside financing...basically you're walking in with a check at that point. You could finance the car separately give the lender the VIN and just ask the dealer for wire transfer info (that's how I've done it last 2-3 cars to include 2 Porsches and my Range Rover Sport)...haven't used dealer financing in about 6+ yrs maybe and only for my BMWs. If that's their position...I'd walk..even on the SVR!

·
Registered
50 Posts
As far as it being legal... I have no specific regulation to quote but I would think they basically can do what they want, just like they could technically refuse to sell you a vehicle at all. The Austin Market is pretty hot (sooo many Range Rovers driving round, and so many customers just buy whatever because its the vehicle to own) and the dealer kinda has this "take it or leave it" attitude... the salespeople are usually not at all knowledgable about the product, and have a lack of follow up. I wont even go into the nightmares Ive had with service (Land Rover NA had to rectify it)... I had bought my last 2 Rovers from the dealer, but decided to try a Houston dealer this time because I was so unimpressed with their customer service. There have been bright spots, I have talked to great employees, but it just seems that the culture at the dealer is so poor, they are unable to actually follow through (It takes a village, as they say).

And before I get told that it would be better if I were nice or brought donuts, haha... no it wouldn't, I have been nothing but courteous and understanding, never thrown a fit, and even tried to make excuses for why they were inept (sorry you must be swamped or maybe I missed your reply, just wanted to follow up on my 3 emails over the past month, blablabla)

All I can say is... they better be happy Land Rover has such a great product, haha

My finance guy at the Austin dealership just got back to me. No numbers have been provided, but he flat out told me they do not accept outside financing. How is that even legal? So they are telling me if I walked in with a check for the car, they wouldn't take that??

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
They won’t accept outside financing !!? Why not?

Whenever I come across a question like this in my own life, and it doesn’t matter what the scenario is , I always “ Follow the Money” and 99% of the time I come up with an answer.

First of all, I don’t know your Dealer, so let’s leave them out of this and talk about what some Dealers may or may not do. you can make your own mind up.

Dealers “buy” the financing tailored to fit an individual depending on their credit, then, if possible, they will find a way to make that Customer believe that they will be lucky to get financing at all. They will then ask the question “ So what monthly payment would you be comfortable with”?

They then take that number to see how much they can bump the “ Buy” rate up to a “sell” rate to get near your number. If you walk in with a Check, or your own financing, they can’t do this.

Of course, there is the psychological aspect of having the Customer’s brand new Car sitting outside ready to be driven home while they keep them sitting in the F&I Office trying to “ get the Customer the best rate” no they’re not, they’re taking that time to figure out how much they can bump the rate up.

So we followed the money, we now know where it’s going and who is the beneficiary. It’s not the Customer. So we have the answer to the question we started out with.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That sounds like BS...I have NEVER seen nor heard of ANY dealership that will not take outside financing...basically you're walking in with a check at that point. You could finance the car separately give the lender the VIN and just ask the dealer for wire transfer info (that's how I've done it last 2-3 cars to include 2 Porsches and my Range Rover Sport)...haven't used dealer financing in about 6+ yrs maybe and only for my BMWs. If that's their position...I'd walk..even on the SVR!
I bought my wife a new BMW in 2013 and they went the long way around. I offered them the option of coming with me to the Bank, I get a Cashiers’ check, and my Banker hands it straight to them, I couldn’t see a flaw in that Plan, but no !!

I had had to give them a personal check for $16k, fill out a credit app, that was approved , then wire the balance, so when it reached their account, they cancelled the finance, after about a week. In the meanwhile they tried to talk me into financing. I wonder why!!? Haha.

The thing was, the BMW I bought was a fairly limited production, in the Color we wanted and was the first to arrive in CA. The psychological aspect was in their favor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought my wife a new BMW in 2013 and they went the long way around. I offered them the option of coming with me to the Bank, I get a Cashiers’ check, and my Banker hands it straight to them, I couldn’t see a flaw in that Plan, but no !!

I had had to give them a personal check for $16k, fill out a credit app, that was approved , then wire the balance, so when it reached their account, they cancelled the finance, after about a week. In the meanwhile they tried to talk me into financing. I wonder why!!? Haha.
Because they get a kickback from the bank for referring you to them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts