RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again another review on the new 2018 L405 HSE vehicle. It’s a week long drive review and based on the ride, I’m glad to have tested this vehicle just for comparison between the other luxury SUV brands that I own. For one, the ride beats the new escalade, navigator hands down. It swallows all the bumps, potholes, railroad tracks, road imperfections to give you a smooth enjoyable long drive. It’s advantage can also be it’s Achilles heels when the road gets curvy changing plane levels and driving fast, real fast. The oem Goodyear’s didn’t help at all. Even in dynamic mode, the leaning on sharp fast turns were evident. The SC V6 didn’t help as much as it did in the RRS L494. There was so much tire roll that it felt it was squirming almost peeling off the sidewalls. Down shifting didn’t help as much as it did in the RRS. With this observation, I think the monicker Range Rover Sport fits its name tag. Even at SC V6, it is enough to power the smaller Range Rover wearing pirelli tires. Not so for the bigger brethren. It needs more power than the SC V6. I don’t know how the Diesel engines are coping but the SC V8 is the proper engine for it. Inside, you are in pilot mode better than the RRS. It’s wider, more legroom, controls feels ergonomic compared to the RRS. The media is also well thought out. Flipping thru xm, radio and Bluetooth music is a breeze. It allows you to also scroll and browse your music stored in your iPhone. It cannot however randomly select music in each album by just clicking the next button. I think CarPlay is not needed in this vehicle. It will just alter the beautiful display of the headunit. This vehicles didn’t come with the HUD but was almost fully loaded. Pano roof with tilt and open and not too much wind noise. Your groomed hair will be undisturbed. The stock stereo system is adequate though I’m not an audiophile. However with the sunshade open, I could hear a booming sound from the music. Closing the screen makes it disappear. The base leather is soft and thigh support was a nice touch on the long drive I took. It also has a coffee break sign after driving continuously like a Mercedes Benz however I didn’t hear a beeping sound like the latter would have it. The Nav display in the driver dash is a good idea. In santorini black, you cannot distinguish it from a RRS except for the wider grille and rear taillights. It is a beauty in design. Simple yet elegant. The lines are smooth almost timeless. I liked the new headlights but the rear taillights left something unfinished. The older version looks classic.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts