RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver seat of my 2018 sport makes a loud creaking sound whenever my back presses into the seat or comes off. It’s coming from the middle of the backrest and sounds like components are rubbing together or the bladder is defective. The dealer has taken the seat apart twice to ensure that everything is in the right place, but as soon as they have the cover / shell off they can no longer replicate the noise. My service advisor has heard it every time and knows that the noise is still there, but they can’t seem to find a solution.

Has anybody here experienced anything like this? I would rather have components be replaced than the dealer continuing to randomly pad the inside of the seat. The passenger seat is silent and I’ve never experienced this with other Range Rovers, so I’m hoping that the underlying cause will soon become more apparent.

Would also be curious to know if anybody has ever experienced their dealer going as far as replacing a seat entirely due to an ongoing issue (whatever that may have been).

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which seat options do you have? Heated, heated/cooled, massage?
I have the heated/cooled seats. Seems to make a bit of difference when the lumbar is fully extended since it creates some separation between parts inside the seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue (heated/cooled not massage.) Was worse during cold weather but still present during the summer. My dealer hasn't been able to fix it either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts