RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to all!

Just wondering if anyone has picked up their 2018 L405 yet or if they have a scheduled delivery date?

I haven't checked in a while but we have a January build with a mid March delivery. Looking forward to seeing real life pics of the 2018.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
The first '18s are arriving at dealerships this week, at least here in the North East (assuming the blizzard won't hold them up).
These are typically dealer allocations, but there might be some early custom orders, too.
Mid-January is when the shipments will start arriving in real numbers.
This is based on my dealer's schedule. Their first '18 will show up this weekend.
If you look around, some dealerships already advertise stock '18s in very low numbers.

Mine is to be loaded on the boat in the next few days, and expecting it to be in my garage towards the last week of the month. My current delivery date is 1/19 but I'm expecting delays as it's not on the boat yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got word from my dealer... V8 engines had some sort of delay. My original expected delivery date was the end of January. Now looking at second week of February.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just heard from my dealership today that mine would be here early next week. V8 engine. Will let you guys know if it’s delayed but he didn’t mention it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Supposedly my sales guy got a call tonight from JLR distribution around 6pm est, and my oct. order replacement car is now pushed back from feb del to may due to SVO paint.

·
Registered
389 Posts
For mine it took 3 months extra due to SVO paint...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,125 Posts
First 2018 L405 has hit Autotrader. LR Glen Cove in NY has a Corris Grey/Ebony HSE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery yet? I heard the V6 is on schedule but all the V8 are stuck overseas waiting on new certification to get into the US. First delivery is last week of January for a V8 apparently.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reading this thread and all the comments has prompted a question in my mind.

Is there any other make/model who is still awaiting delivery of their 2018 models? I'm just curious seeing as it is middle of January and not a single 2018 has been delivered according to this forum at least (and my dealership).

It's kind of late isn't it? I would guess most other brands have been delivering 2018 models for at least a few months by now.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Not necessarily late. LR follows no schedule and the Velar took priority this year. Then with EPA regulations the Velar was still on hold at the beginning of August

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am sure that they will not do the same mistake as with the to early release of MY 17 with a total mess regarding the software of the Infotainment system. Hopefully they are testing everything really carefully this time. Mine MY18 was set to 10 of January but is now delayed until end of January, the dealer says that it has got an VIN number which shall be good news...

·
Registered
25 Posts
My SC SWB was supposed to arrive 3/2. I just received a call from my dealership telling me it is now expected to arrive 3 weeks early.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just heard from my LR dealer in Spain that my 2018 ATB scheduled for delivery end of February now has a 3 month delay due to SVO paint (I'd ordered Scafell Grey) so the dealer's asking if I want to change colour to avoid involving SVO in the build. Anyone know what the issue is with SVO paint orders, a production line problem at SVO or some issue with the actual paint supply?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my 2018 ATB LWB October 28th in Balmoral blue. I am being told my delivery date is May 11th due to the paint.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts