Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody experienced a rattle/ticking sound coming from the driver side b-pillar where the seat belt mechanism slides up and down? My 2018 RRS makes a ticking sound right by my ear over any undulations in the road and it's pretty annoying. Curious if others have experienced this and were able to get it resolved.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
If you press on the adjuster does the sound stop? If so perhaps your dealer can replace the upper trim panel. I would imagine there is a bit of felt like material on the slide to keep it quite. If that has been pinched or wasn't fully flat it may have been dislodged.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressing on the flat portion of the adjustment panel seems to make it stop, so I was thinking along the same lines. That's a good point about the dampening material on either side. Not sure if this is a common issue that others have come across or something specific to my vehicle in terms of how the panel was put together at the factory.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have this noise only at one particular point on the highway... I haven't been able to locate it because I'm the one driving and I never have anyone in the back seat coming home from work. "IF" its in the B-Pillar then I'm quite sure I can remove the trim piece and put some trimmed foam behind it and stop this annoying rattle forever if indeed that is where it's coming from...

·
Registered
2016 RRS HSE
29 Posts
I spent countless hours chasing this, and blew the entire b-pillar apart multiple times. I've lined everything with felt to cushion/remove play, and ultimately found the noise was coming from the rubber moldings around the doors.

Pull the moldings off on the car side (you would remove them to remove the interior panels around the seatbelt adjuster anyway), and spray silicone lube along the inside of the channel for the entire strip. This should solve your problem, as it did for me.

I also have some creaking from the handle overhead, and I've used felt to remove the play in it. I just noticed it's making noise again over hard bumps this morning, so I'll probably use silicone lube to try and attack it. I'll report back with what I find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts