RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this seems a silly question but i test drove a SC V8 a few weeks back and notices the thigh/leg bolster was pretty much non-existent. When cornering it became very obvious.
One thing i did not do/ask during the test drive was ask if they are adjustable to be more aggressive (similar to say SVR) support as part of their multi-way function.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
Forgive me if this seems a silly question but i test drove a SC V8 a few weeks back and notices the thigh/leg bolster was pretty much non-existent. When cornering it became very obvious.
One thing i did not do/ask during the test drive was ask if they are adjustable to be more aggressive (similar to say SVR) support as part of their multi-way function.

Thanks in advance..
They are not adjustable. The owner's manual page for the seat adjustments shows all of the adjustments - there is no adjustment shown for the thigh bolsters.

Link is here: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/document/LX/2019/T19949/31332_en_GBR/proc/G2131895

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
thanks DW! ...i guess its back to waiting on 2020 SVR then :)
It's kind of odd that the seats (at least in the ATB) have every other adjustment but the thigh bolster. I had it in my old A8 and it was nice.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
I have a feeling the reason they did not do that is it is very easy to break. They happen to use very hard foam in there bolsters and even then they tend to wear from getting in and out all the time. If it was linked to adjustable air bag you would not have the same support. and over time it would just fail. at least that would be my logic behind it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts