RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First time posting here! I'm about to purchase my first Range Rover, after years of deliberation, and I cannot decide between the MY17 or MY18. Either would be the V6 HSE.

I've heard the MY18 is having issues with infotainment and MY17 is being discounted pretty nicely. Any real reason to move up to the MY18?

Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
As a former L322 owner, the 2017 exterior is indistinguishable from the 2013. There are small discounts to be had on the 2018 (I've seen 1-3% off from posters on this forum) and $500 off on some dealer sites. Unless you are getting a smoking hot deal on the 2017, I would go for the updated exterior and interior. Just my two cents. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
28 Posts
I have a 17 and an 18 - definitely go with the 2018. I haven't had any issues with my infotainment, but if you do, who cares, the dealer will fix it. I'd guess that any discount you're getting on a 17 would be nullified on the back end when you sell/trade it. Good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 17 and an 18 - definitely go with the 2018. I haven't had any issues with my infotainment, but if you do, who cares, the dealer will fix it. I'd guess that any discount you're getting on a 17 would be nullified on the back end when you sell/trade it. Good luck!

This, and the new truck just drives tighter to boot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd go with the 2018, the infotainment is much better in the 2018 (I am a nerd), the exhaust tips are finally better than a plain round chromed tube.
There is some style changes in the headlights too, the front seats are a little wider and the seat controls are now in the door not in the side of the seat anymore. The side "grill" is now 4 rows vs 3 rows in previous years. Its subtle changes but everything adds up, and as other people stated whatever discount you get with a 2017 will disappear when you sell it. Just my 2c Whatever you get hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
52 Posts
As always memory seats are an awesome feature. With memory seats one sets it and forgets it. You push a tiny button and the seat goes exactly where you wanted it to be. I wonder why they messed up the doors with all that messy "me too" jazz. I think It looks busy and takes away from the grace & beauty of the door panel.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
As always memory seats are an awesome feature. With memory seats one sets it and forgets it. You push a tiny button and the seat goes exactly where you wanted it to be. I wonder why they messed up the doors with all that messy "me too" jazz. I think It looks busy and takes away from the grace & beauty of the door panel.
I don't follow, did they do something different with memory seats functionality on MY17 vs MY18 beyond moving the controls to the door card from the armrest?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The memory function is the same and just moved a little on the door, but the seat controls themselves moved from the seat bottom to the doors (rear seat also). Probably that's what BLUESURF is talking about. I agree that it clutters the otherwise simplified and elegant look inside. They went to a lot of trouble to reduce the button count elsewhere by 50% with the 2nd LCD, but then these seat adjustment buttons got added to the visual field. Maybe there was no other way when making the seats wider, but I don't see it as an improvement.

Even so, the 2018 interior is more pleasing overall with the 2nd LCD and reduced button count. Usability is worse in some ways since you need to press virtual buttons, but it's better in other ways due to more info on the 2nd screen.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
I genuinely prefer the interior "look" (seat styles) of the 2013-2017, but the infotanement upgrades along with the thicker glass on the side windows would sway me into a 2018.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was in the same boat. I ended up getting a CPO 2017 for $30k off sticker instead of a 2018.

If comparing brand new, I would get a 2018 over a 2017, but the price drop on a used 2017 was pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts