RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with my car being less than 20 k Miles old , it has now spent a cumulative month at the dealer for the same issues: electronics. The car appears to have 2 ecu units , one that was replaced and does mostly the infotainment and another one that takes care amongst other things of the remote start. Unit 1 was finally replaced after 4 or 5 visits ( we are putting a patch on the software) and now the second one ( same story as the first one) is now being replaced but the dealer does not seem to be able to reprogram it . So it has been a week and counting and they seem “lost”. In the meantime I get to spend quality time in a Velar loaner with a 4 banger that is utter rubbish to drive. Last Range Rover I will ever buy. And by the way, prices on Autobiographies are plummeting!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
you havent really offered us an real details as to what types of issues you are having. Im assuming you didnt go through the trouble of signing up to just vent(or maybe you did).

If you would like to share some of the issues you are having perhaps we could offer some advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problems encountered with ÉCU 1 : sound randomly stopped working, Apple Play did not function unless you hooked it up after the car has been running for 2 or 3 minutes , system réinitialising while GPS was guiding you, occasional black screen ... ECU 2 : remote start not working.
And yes I am also venting as a serious company does not disrespect clients with such low levels of reliability simply because they are cutting (expense) corners

·
Registered
276 Posts
if you read some of my posts you will find out that i am in no way defending jlr customer service, i have plenty of my own issues with my rrs and f pace.

FYI. the issue you speak of are common and usually are dealt with in updates, although sometimes you get one fix and leave with another. ECU is engine control unit, if they are in fact replacing anything it would be a module. every system throughout the car has its own module that contains software with instruction for that particular function/s. just make sure you have the latest update 19a perhaps this will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car spent another 3 days in the shop with yet another unit that was changes and could not be programmed by the telematics team. It will go back again next week. In the meantime , I ordered a 2019 Mercedes AMG G 63 and will trade the SV in thus putting an end to my Range Rover experience . It appears that the second hand market is flooded with late model Autobiographies and the prices are way soft. Great car but cannot justify all the time spent fixing the same things.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
903 Posts
The car spent another 3 days in the shop with yet another unit that was changes and could not be programmed by the telematics team. It will go back again next week. In the meantime , I ordered a 2019 Mercedes AMG G 63 and will trade the SV in thus putting an end to my Range Rover experience . It appears that the second hand market is flooded with late model Autobiographies and the prices are way soft. Great car but cannot justify all the time spent fixing the same things.
Wow! I wish I had that type of money to burn. The Mercedes G63 is a really nice vehicle but I think the SV Autobiography is nicer...just my opinion. Anyway, I hope the dealer sorts out the problem and you fall in love with your Range Rover again. I love the L405 Autobiography but I just can't afford it right now...some day I will...in the meantime, my HSE is very satisfying.

·
Registered
276 Posts
what dealership are you going to for repairs is that Manhattan? I live on the island and have had a very bad experience with Huntington the mechanics just dont have a handle on things like they should, I had to actually show two of them how to change customer options using Pathfinder. I have since changed to Glen Cove and so far it seems as if they have a better grasp on the working of the car. Not all dealership Mechanics are the same some just follow the steps on the screens while others actually understand why something doesnt work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts