RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 SV Autobiogr. L405: Differential lock & exhaust fumes

5th Range Rover so far nd probably the last one! Electric differential lock blocks rear axle all the time in standard mode - independently if set on Sport or Dynamic. Land Rover has no plan to solve the problem. Tires were completely gone after 6000 km. Fuel consumption is also far more with this issue (over 16 litres). Next to that, exhaust fumes inside the car are killing you while ventilation is on position 'Auto' – the same issue on auxiliary heating: all the exhaust fumes get somehow into this brand new car! The car now was a whole week with an official Land Rover dealer last week – they don't have a plan to solve these problems, next to tons of electrical issues they partially solved. Very disappointing car for the money they asked for. Does somebody have similar issues so far?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: 2017 SV Autobiogr. L405: Differential lock & exhaust fum

I would say just get your lawyer to Lemon Law the car and go buy a Bentayga, but you're in Switzerland so no idea how it works there.

·
Banned
107 Posts

Can the dealer lend you a similar specified car to use whilst yours is in for inspection? You can then reappraise your opinion of the car and the brand, and it will help to focus on the issue your specific car has. "Your loan car does not have these issues, why does mine", etc.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts

good luck finding an SV Autobiography loaner :D

·
Banned
107 Posts

To be fair, I said "similar". Any L405 with the same engine/drivetrain would do as a comparison.

·
Registered
22 Posts

On my new 2018 V8 delivered late February, I had a mild oil smell coming intermittently from the A/C vents, regardless of whether A/C on or just heat. I've put over 5000 (wonderful) miles by now, so it wasn't the new engine smell anymore. And not the usual A/C smell caused by moisture in the system. It smelled more like fresh oil and not exhaust, so it might not be the same problem the OP had.

Yesterday, I had it checked at the dealer. No oil leaks, but they found LTB00794NAS3. There is some kind of software fix. Can't understand how software would affect this, but until now it's been OK. Just passing this on in case anyone else noticed the same problem.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts

There is also a new TSB to fix the diff case not unlocking properly. It's a fluid replacement and software flash

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you guys. Every input appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts