RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,458 Posts
Re: 2017 Range Rover Sport Downhill Ski Challenge With Ben C

Rollcage, disabled SRS, but other than that, completely stock!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Some say...he can't hear the words "luxury SUV" said together. And that the airlines always charge him for extra carry-on baggage due to his enormous balls. All we know is...he did this in a mostly-stock Range Rover Sport with a rollcage and specially-designed off-road tires.

Awesome.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Can't believe anyone can resist ordering one after seeing that video. February can't come soon enough!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts

Fantastic! EXcellent video!

·
Registered
5 Posts

What color is that? It seems brighter than Montalcino and darker than Firenze red.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I'd wager he didn't drive it in Auto, but can't see him using CommandShift! :dance:

·
Registered
283 Posts

By "Special Tires" they looked like The Goodyear Duratracs.... Good Tire!

·
Registered
543 Posts
2017 Sport - Inferno Downhill Challenge [CH]

Gents and Ladies.

Anybody noticed a latest marketing gimmick from Tata's Land Rover/Range Rover where MY17 Rangie Sport does a downhill romp at a Swiss summer ski field ?

Here's the link from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNOXjpr_i4 as the ex. Topgear UK programmes professional driver "Stigh" does a timed slalom course !

Bit of a shame they only went down the mountain instead of also going up it - as I'm sure a new BMW X6 would've struggled to turn around and head for heaven.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Hi-line
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: 2017 Sport - Inferno Downhill Challenge [CH]

Did anyone every figue out for sure which tire they were using? It might be a Duratrac, but I would be a little suspicious if it was because they corner like crap. I've had them on three different vehicles and can say with certainty they do not like hard corners. So, I'm a little doubtful that it is a DT.

Just curious...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts