RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got all software updated on MY17 rig. I read somewhere that you can have texts read to you through Bluetooth. Is this true. Also, is there anything else that is new with the software update? The vehicle was dropped off, and I didn't have time to speak with dealer about new features. Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/302721-update-incontrol-remote-coming-12-7-17-a.html

I talk about the release notes and observed new features.

Text Message support was supposedly added, it's listed in the release notes from the first NGI Phase3 update. But, I have yet to hear any owners confirming it as working. You might have to delete and repair your phone. If it asks permission on your phone to access messages, say yes. You might also have to go into the Bluetooth connection settings and enable message notifications (depending on your phone).

From the InControl system in the truck go to the "Phone" tab. If you see a fifth option on the bottom of the list on the left for "Text Messages" you have it. If there's only four options; Recents, Dial pad, etc. no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this the same update 143 or whatever that is supposed to fix XM, iPod and NAV that doesn't work? If no, where can I find more information about this. My truck is 2017 Supercharged Full Size and iPod never worked correctly or consistently and as of January 26th out of the blue I have no XM, NAV, iPod doesn't work at all and the dealer tells me there is an update which was supposed to be installed on 02/12 but was later cancelled because it caused more problems and in some cases, trucks wouldn't start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts