RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been many months and nearly 10,000 miles since I posted an update on our long long road trip. We've been on the road now for nearly 7 months, our trip has been fantastic so far, and we've thankfully not encountered any mechanical faults since the early part failure at 8,000 miles. Towing we average between 12.5-14.5 mpg depending on the terrain, and we get 21-24mpg on the highway not towing depending on the terrain. Great gas milage, and the large fuel tank really helps reduce the number of stops needed.

The RRS is absolutely fantastic as a daily driver, getting me to the trailheads I need to for hikes/mtb, driving "spirited" on mountain roads, and heading to town for dinner in style and NOT having to try to find a parking spot for an HD pickup truck. Only thing I've noticed is that on certain interstates where the highway has large scalloping, the ride can get "up-down-wavy" caused by the trailer pushing down on the hitch point; where HD pickup trucks have leaf springs to counteract the effect of what's effectively extra weight being added. Doesn't affect stability at all, but it's just annoying when the interstate is especially bad.

We're currently staying in Malibu CA for another couple of weeks, and I'm very much looking forward to continuing up the west coast, then eventually into Alaska for the summer through fall.

IMG_0071.jpg
fullsizeoutput_5f50.jpeg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: 2017 RRS SC Dynamic: 23,000 mile update w/4,320 miles to

Awesome! Looks like a great trip....

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Re: 2017 RRS SC Dynamic: 23,000 mile update w/4,320 miles to

Thanks for the update!!! I like seeing your posts on instagram!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts