RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your RRS is running ICTP 18C or newer and you have a smartphone connected, does your phone screen show a Messages button like this?

messages02.jpg

Mine doesn't. Dealer has already replaced the ICTP module and flushed the software twice. They also updated to 18D and nothing.

Jose

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
20190402_085013.jpg

2018 RRS running 18D connected via Bluetooth Galaxy S9+

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe! I'm looking specifically for 2017 MY. If I show the dealer a different year, you know what they're going to say...

Jose

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't even have a button! Nothing, nada. And the BT connection on my iPhone doesn't show the "show notifications" option either. I drove an Evoque loaner with ICTP while my car was being serviced last time and it worked ok with that car. So, I know it's not my phone.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
If your RRS is running ICTP 18C or newer and you have a smartphone connected, does your phone screen show a Messages button like this?
yes, it does.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts
Ill have to check my wifles car (2017 f-pace, ICTP) that has 18c. However if memory serves me right, iphone does not allow 3rd parties to access messages. So do you have an iphone or an android?

I suspect the button is not there with iphone, and is with android.

Curious to see responses with type of smartphone used.

Update, just noticed your smatphone nokia, so obviously my theory above does not apply.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
both the iphone and android should work. there was a detailed setup guide on the f-pace forums that was linked in to one of the many "text message" forums here.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
So, I stand corrected - looks like I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure if it was a recent iOS update, but something wiped out the text capabilities. Oddly enough, when looking at the bluetooth settings, there's the generic "Hands Free" item, and that one DOES have the "show notifications" option - hence my iOS bug thoughts. I may be wrong of course.
I'll check it out in the morning with my wife's phone, I think she's 1 update behind me.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
oddly enough, my '18 full size does have the functionality, also on 18C. Same phone. Go figure.

IMG_1542.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts