RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives a 2017 RR Supercharged and was wondering if anyone has added a DVR to the 360 camera system or if this could even be done.

The reason I am asking is it appears she has become a bit of a target. Several months ago a woman with quite the checkered past and arrest history (known after the fact) slowed from a main road to make a right hand turn onto the side-road my wife was on. My wife was stopped and attempting to turn right onto the main road. The other lady had her blinker on and had begun to make the turn. Seeing that the other vehicle had committed to the turn my wife proceeded with her turn only to be hit from the side by the quickly accelerating car driven by the other woman. The incident was a huge lesson for both the wife and me. Insurance fixed the RR and our insurance company is pushing back on the other driver’s insurance. The other driver is claiming injuries sustained in an accident she clearly and purposefully caused.

That said, a similar incident happened again earlier this week. Fortunately, no accident this time but having a full-surround video history of the vehicle’s operation would be something I would be interested in - if it is possible.

Any thoughts, opinions, comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
45 Posts
since no one has answered you yet, i'll try
i don't know for a fact it can be done.
BUT definitely it will be expensive, since you have to remove the head unit.

However, i suggest a video dash cam instead,
Those 2 incidents that you mentioned will have been recorded if you had a dash cam
it's a cheaper alternative and it records in the front and back
it also records movement, so let's say your car is parked and it gets hit by another vehicle in the parking lot
that incident will be recorded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts